New Panasonic Plasmas imminent?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by vipergrm, Jan 13, 2008.

1. vipergrm

vipergrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +591
    Hi all,

I was at my local Curry's store today and I was asking about current Panasonic Plasmas. He said that they had none left but he recommended that I come back and check out the new range which they are due to get within the next few weeks. Can anyone else shade any light on this? I thought it was going to be March/April at the earliest?

Thanks! :smashin:

2. IImilleniumII

IImilleniumII
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same that I have heard. Proberly just an incompetent seller who doesnt know what he's talking about.

3. Dec1973

Dec1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Nothing to do with the new ranges. But if Panasonic is out of stock with their PX and PZ series (up to 3 weeks if I order one) does that mean if they gonna build more of the previous model and current models (PX, PZ) will the tv be slightly updated. Ie. those issues about purple snake and other problem will be updated too. Or they just gonna stick the same engine.:confused:

4. vipergrm

vipergrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +591
    I'd very much doubt they're gonna do that. The new sets should be out very soon so it might be better to wait if you can :smashin:

5. bobus-man

bobus-man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I work at Currys to, and as far as our head office are concerned Panasonic have decided not to make any TVs over Christmas at all as every line is constrained for another 5-6 weeks.

Speaking to the manager of a local independent he said that they were in the same boat with them and said many other independents were in the same position also.

I queried this with the Panasonic rep at work and she said that it was the demand of the TVs had gone up significantly with their independent based free 5 year warrenty and heavy television advertising. Yet I don't really believe that would have made enough of an impact for such a shortage in such a key time in the year.

She denied the fact that they had issues with 'software' which was the reason the PX/PZ/LXD 700's were constrained a few weeks ago.

As far as we're concerned all Panasonic TV stock has been capped, meaning no more forward orders can be taken. Which gives an indication that the company feels unsure about whether any stock promised will arrive at all.

I would also be suprised if the new range was in in a couple of weeks, We tend to get the main bulk of new TVs in a 2 week space in late April/ early May.

6. vipergrm

vipergrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +591
    Thanks for tge detailed update bobus-man. Can you tell us of any new TVs coming soon to Curry's? Plasma or LCD? I know Toshiba, Sharp etc have new sets coming in. I don't know wether I should wait or buy one now (40" or 42") now that the Panasonics won't be out for some time.

7. jonnypb

jonnypb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +559
    spoke to the local panny dealer today (dad wants a plasma now :D) and they're not expecting the new sets til at least april and he confirmed panny stopped making them for 2 weeks earlier last year which hit stocks and also for a week towards the end of the year. he had confirmation a few weeks ago that panasonic are still making and shipping the 37px, 42px etc

they'd be daft not to when they sell so well