New Panasonic plasma ?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by John G, Jul 13, 2002.

1. John G

John G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Is anyone aware of of any new Panasonic plasma displays due in the near future? I have a pretty bad track record of buying AV equipment only to see it superceded the following month.Any news would be much appreciated
    Cheers,John

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic are releasing Thre new models at the beginning of September in the Uk according to Some dealers

and the New NEC MP4 is out in the 3rd week of August both Panels have a Higher Resolution than their current Plasma,s

but no doubt the prices will reflect that.

The Best deal around at the mo seems to be the 42" Toshiba, which is a clone of the Panasonics, and even better, the warrantys have gone up from 12 to 24 months in the UK.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,263
    John G

It looks like we will see new models in 2002 - but not until the end of September at the earliest; that's the latest info we can wrangle out of Panasonic Business Systems UK.

Expect to see a revised SD (Standard Definition ) 42" panel - much as the current TH-42PWD4BX and an all new HD (High Definition) similar to the current 42" but with a 1024 x 768 pixel count - though it looks like this panel will have fans and a much lower brightness than the SD model.

Also expect to see a revised HD 50" display - pretty similar to the current TH-50PHD30BX.

I don't have info on what or when the Consumer (Silver bezels) Division of Panasonic in the UK is lining up for 2002.

I expect the SD display will be pitched a bit higher that the current pricing on the TH-42PWD4BX and expect to maybe pay a £750 - £1,000 premium for the HD display in line with Pioneers all new PDP-433MXE (1024 x 768) at around £4,700.00.

That's all the info I have for now - the current TH-42PWD4BX is a great unit at a great price that works well with everything from a lowly £200 DVD up to a £4K+ TAGMclaren system and at its current low price I would definitely not discount this unit for inclusion in your system.

Best regards

Joe

PS Please note the Panasonic panels include an 'in-home' warranty - the Toshiba units include an RTM (Return to Manufacturer) warranty.

4. John G

John G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Joe,
    Thanks for all the information.
    Regards,John

5. Kirk

Kirk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Or say knackers and by the Toshiba instead and save more money! :D

I am a Panny lover, so it keeps me happy to know that the Tosh is really a Panny in dull clothing!