New Panasonic P42GT30 - could it be a refurb?

ESW

Standard Member
Hi, I have just purchased the Panasonic Viera P42GT30B. Box seemed OK but on unpacking have found the remote loose in the box not even in a bag or anything. Is this normal? I'm worried it may be a refurb. Some of the other bits look like they have been thrown in with the instructions too whilst others are neatly shrink-wrapped. Should I worry about it? Thanks for any advice.

hillster

My remote was properly sealed up neatly.

You could always check the hours the screen has been on?

BigBee

Mine was sealed in a bag too, as were all leads. Personally I would query with the retailer, doesn't sound right to me.

ESW

Standard Member
Thanks for your replies, much appreciated. I phoned Panasonic about it and they said that it should be bagged up. So I've taken the set back to retailer and got a refund for now as no replacement available. May have been OK but not worth the risk at that money. Cheers

gizlaroc

Distinguished Member
Are there any issues with it?

Dead pixels? Green tinge??

If not then stick with it mate, gives you a good chance to try it out properly.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your replies, much appreciated. I phoned Panasonic about it and they said that it should be bagged up. So I've taken the set back to retailer and got a refund for now as no replacement available. May have been OK but not worth the risk at that money. Cheers
You did the right thing, what did you pay? if you dont mind me asking.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom