1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panasonic NVGS17 or 21

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Jono C, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Jono C

Jono C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If anybody could help me out here then it would be really appreciated, and before I start I should say I know sod all about camcorders.
    Don't know if I should get one of the new Panasonic NVGS17 or go for the NVGS21. I was going to get the NVGS11 from Costco for around £250 but now I've looked into things I realize the new models will be out very soon. I've seen the NVGS17 advertised on the net for £270 with 2 years guarantee (nomatica.com....anyone heard of them?).
    Anyway...I'm not bothered about the 17 not having a memory card function. The only other difference I can see is the LED lights that are on the 21 but not on the 17. Are they needed at all and do they make a difference?
    And.....what's this night vision mode? I read somewhere that it has infrared. Is that correct? Whenever I look at the specs it never mentions infrared but does say something about "colour night mode" which I don't have a clue about. Infrared was something I was looking for in a camcorder so if the 17 has it then it's a real bonus.
    If anybody knows the answers or can help in anyway then I will be forever in your debt. Ta.

2. Jono C

Jono C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at more and more cams now and just getting confused at which one to buy. I want to spend around about £250 - £280. Can anybody recommend anything? Please help.
    :confused: