New Panasonic NVGS17 or 21

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Jono C, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Jono C

Jono C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If anybody could help me out here then it would be really appreciated, and before I start I should say I know sod all about camcorders.
    Don't know if I should get one of the new Panasonic NVGS17 or go for the NVGS21. I was going to get the NVGS11 from Costco for around £250 but now I've looked into things I realize the new models will be out very soon. I've seen the NVGS17 advertised on the net for £270 with 2 years guarantee (nomatica.com....anyone heard of them?).
    Anyway...I'm not bothered about the 17 not having a memory card function. The only other difference I can see is the LED lights that are on the 21 but not on the 17. Are they needed at all and do they make a difference?
    And.....what's this night vision mode? I read somewhere that it has infrared. Is that correct? Whenever I look at the specs it never mentions infrared but does say something about "colour night mode" which I don't have a clue about. Infrared was something I was looking for in a camcorder so if the 17 has it then it's a real bonus.
    If anybody knows the answers or can help in anyway then I will be forever in your debt. Ta.

2. Jono C

Jono C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at more and more cams now and just getting confused at which one to buy. I want to spend around about £250 - £280. Can anybody recommend anything? Please help.
    :confused: