1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new panasonic models

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rooney, Apr 9, 2004.

1. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    does any one now if the PANASONIC TH-42PE30B is going to be as good as its predecessor TH42PA20B.is it worth waiting for as i am just about to buy .plasma to be bought from john lewis with 5yr gurantee(3grand ish is a lot of money i like the idea of 5 years worth of free cover) the other option is a Hitachi 42PD3000 dont like the idea of a older screen . lots of posts reporting ,buzzing ,bad blacks the TH42PA20B would have been ideal if it hadnt been discontinued.so is the TH-42PE30B gona be worth the wait?????????????????????????????????????????????

2. BiggieBig

BiggieBig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    same screen, new looks, better sound from the speakers and a digital freeview turner....

disadvantage is that it's a lot harder to mount on the wall.

3. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    rooney,
    If you are going to buy from JL you will be looking at £3695 plus the stand. Of course you maybe able to get a price match with another shop.
    They are expecting deliveries of the PE30 around June but that is dependant on them selling off any stock of PA20.
    As regards to wall mounting the screen, well I don't think it can be that much of a problem (I'm sure there will be a specific wall mount & clones). If you check avsforums there appears to be a number of US owners who have them wall mounted and they look fabulous! :smashin:

4. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    spoke to sound and vision they are doing the TH-42PE30B plasma
    tv for £3199 spoke to john lewis they said that they would price match it going in to buy one soon (comet currys dixons etc.£1200 extra waranty they can all go and whistle)

5. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    plasma is coming this week post some replys soon