1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New panasonic DMRE60 INFO ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pastie, Jan 16, 2003.

1. pastie

pastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody any idea where I can get spec's, prices & availability of the above. www.panasonic.co.uk av nuthin !!!

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Try giving Panasonic a call on 08705 357357. They should be able to advise you on precise release dates.

3. wellsi

wellsi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The E50 is due out in March; where have you heard of an E60?

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Maybe a misheard the numbers, perhaps it is the E40 and E50, but I was told by a local dealer that two Panasonic models are coming out - the next update on the E30 and the same model but with the HS2's JPEG viewer. I'm sure someone else mentioned them on here as well.

5. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Nope no E40, The E60 is the same as the E50 except the E60 has a Dual SD/PCMCIA Card Slot slot for Jpeg pictures and a DV Input, Details of the E50, E60 and DMR-E90 (DMR-H2 replacement !?!?) here, Except slight caution no doubt we will be getting these new DVD Recorders and Players at somepoint but some of the specifications might be North American specific and the Euro/UK spec might be different though hopefully not that different.

6. pastie

pastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both myself and my dealer called Panasonic who denied the existance of such units.. Rasczak kindly provided a link to a retailer who is advertising them who I will be calling tomorrow. Thanks 2 EVEYONE 4 the help. http://www.avland.co.uk/dvd/dvdr.htm#dvdr

7. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    pastie:D It's ok I am not laughing at you but the information you have been given from the horses mouth so to speak!

A month before the Panny machines arrived in the stores I asked from the the horses mouth (Panasonic) "When would Panasonic be releasing a DVD recorder in the UK"

Guess what!!! They denied they were releasing any machine in the forseable future. So my friend take the reply you have recieved from the horses mouth with a large pinch of salt......

8. pastie

pastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must have been speakin to the wrong end of the horse...lol

9. egghead

egghead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody knows what kind and speed of DVD-RAM can I use for recording with DMRE60? I have tried several kinds with no luck!!

10. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Note that you are based in Kuwait.

I have a Panasonic UK model DMR-E60EBS and its now certainly not new because I've had it 3 years or more.

My E60 will indeed work with the Panasonic 1~16x DVD-R discs manufactured by Taiyo Yuden using the TYG03 dye but this thread is now 4.5 years old and I presume that the E60 you mention is maybe a NEW model supplied for the middle east?