Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

New p00ter! :D

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Daneel, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I plan to review the case (Thermaltake Tsunami) as I'm quite impressed with it and many will dismiss it as another TT PoS. For now though enjoy the pics

That's a Coolermaster 201C sitting new to it in the third picture, my old case.

My biggest complaint about the case is the fans, they are loud as hell. I replaced them with some quieter ones and the sound level is significantly below that of my 201C fitted with 4 80mm YS-Tech 8125 Silent fans. Although that has a 9500 Pro in it which has a loud fan compared to the 6800 GT.

The loudest thing is the AMD retail CPU fan, even running cool n' quiet and Asus Smart fan which lowers it to 1500RPM it's still clearly audible above everything else. I'm happy with this Tagan PSU, it looks really nice and is very quiet.

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Daneel,

I like the Tsunami case looks really smart :cool: how much did all that lot cost to build if you don't mind me asking?

John :)

3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,117
    The problem with coolermasters is they look cool without the HDs and CD-Roms, as soon as you put a beige CD-ROM in it they look kak.

The TT case looks quite nice, but I am now sold on the Shuttle cases, which I will be getting next upgrade time.

4. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    recruit the upgrade cost about £850 but that means without sound card, monitor, speakers, printer, UPS, 2 of the HDs and half the RAM. The case is cheap from Microdirect @ £57 + VAT & delivery. They are much cheaper than anywhere else. I had to spend £26 for two quiet fans though :( I think the whole system comes in at around £1900.

Sinzer, I could have put in silver ones but I couldn't be bothered at the time.

You can't tell in the pictures but the black floppy and DVD drives actually match very well with the case. It also has two blue LEDs which are barely visible on the pictures but quiet noticable in person, the flash kills them.

Details on the case:

http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/tsunami/tsunamimenu.htm