1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Owners Samsung LE32R41BDX Tips & Advice

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by kev69r, Jul 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. kev69r

kev69r
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Im getting my LE32R41BDX in the next couple of weeks and because the threads on the LE32R41BDX are so large and varied. Can all the existing Samsung LE32R41BDX owners take a bit iof time to answer and advise us new owners on best setups etc..

What are the best settings for maximum picture quality?

Best connections to use with DVD players and Skyboxes?

What is the best DVD player to use with the Samsung LE32R41BDX?

What is the cheapest quality DVD player to use with the Samsung LE32R41BDX?

What is the cheapest wall mount your using and where did you buy it?

Any help from people who actually own one of these TVs would be appreciated.

Thanks Kev :clap:

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
  3. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    Picture settings are debatable. Personally I find that contrast should be at 100, and if you want blacks as black as they can go without losing shadow detail, set brightness to 50. It is easier to see shadow detail without raising blacks too much by going somewhere between 50-54, but the detail is still there at 50. Any lower and it does start to disappear though. I must have had mine at least a month now and I'm still tweaking.

Whatever you do, make sure sharpness is at 0 though. :)

The best, and also one of the cheapest dvd players around is the Oppo OPDV971H.

[​IMG]

I realise you've probably never heard of the company, but I'm sure you will be hearing more about them soon enough:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/oppo_opdv971h_dvd_player.htm

I don't personally have one, as I don't watch many DVDs, so I just use my Powerbook hooked up over VGA, but if I did I would buy one in an instant. I've got a friend with one and he says it's the best player he's ever used, and he has spent far more than that in the past.

The best connection for Sky is RGB SCART I believe, although some people have said buying a SCART > Component adapter can improve things, as there's very minor bleeding on the SCART inputs. Personally I'm happy with quality from RGB SCART, so it doesn't justify the cost for me. (£90-£145, depending on which you get)

Can't help you with wall mounting I'm afraid, but I believe it takes standard VESA 200 mounts.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I was wondering if anyone knew of either a floor-standing, or preferably desk-mounted stand that lets you rotate the television 90º either way? I play a fair amount of arcade shooters, and would love to play them in TATE mode. (vertical)

4. kev69r

kev69r
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fantastic answers lads! Hopefully this can get made into a sticky.

Cheers Kev