1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Owner Seeking help and advice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by neil20v, Nov 12, 2004.

1. neil20v

neil20v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

I just purchased a Thomson 42WB02SU plasma display from Curry's, it came with a seperate tuner box and some basic cables.

I wasn't really in the market for a plasma screen but went in looking to buy a 32" Sony CRT TV, this Tv was in the sale and i managed to negotiate an amazing deal on the price.

The Picture quality in the shop looked great. I have since got the TV home and fitted on the wall bracket that i purchased at same time. It looks awesome on the wall :smoke:

I have the following equipment to connect:

Denon DHT500SD Home cinema system
    Sky Digital
    X-Box console (Picture and colour qulaity on this is very poor )

I have connected up the DVD player using some basic cables that the shop gave me but the picture quality isn't as good as when i viewed it in the shop.

I want to improve the picture quality but i'm unsure as to what cables are best, any suggestions that anyone can give would be greately appreciated.

The TV came with a seperate tuner box as the screen only accepts DVi and PC inputs. Is it worth me upgrading the tuner box as it only has scart inputs and looks a bit basic.

The picture on some films is grainy and pixalated :(

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :lease:

Regards
    Neil

2. neil20v

neil20v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was considering getting the AverMedia TV Box 9 from www.rs100.co.uk do you think this will improve picture quality on the screen and when my x-box is connected.

3. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    1st port of call i would get some1 out from currys and to let them now u not happy and to test the set

4. neil20v

neil20v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am happy with the set its just that they must of been using different cables as the picture was clearer.

I was just wondering if i was to buy better quality cables and a better quality tuner box if that would improve the picture.

I have read a lot of places that cables can make a big difference to the picture.

5. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    find out what cables /feed /dvd /settings etc they used in the shop if u then get the same u should get the same pic quality

6. neil20v

neil20v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will contact curry's and try and find our what cables they used when conencting it.

do you think the AverMedia TV Box 9 will improve things even more over the standard Thomson external tuning box.

Any ideas how i can get a better picture on the x-box?