1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new owner panny 42 v5

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GuitarGray, Jan 9, 2003.

1. GuitarGray

GuitarGray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well it just came today still havnt managed to find a stand so made 1 yesterday:)
    read the manual and wowww
    what a lot of setting up .can anyone help here? maybe your setups will give me a starting point, i know i have to reduce contrast and brightness but thats all i know.

also i got a rca terminal board with it that isnt fitted ,it says an engeneer has to fit it !! did any of you fit your own?

still havnt figured the best way to wire up my kit !
    neil gave a seemingly good way but can i do it without a js to something box?

sky 2 scarts ..vcr 1 scart.. dvd 1 scart that suports rgb but no component output and no progresive scan but it does have a s-video output.

well its still in its box as i havnt had courage to take it out ..the terminal board is worying me at the moment ,do i install or pay a guy to fit it?

well i took your advice so far its been good (a lot beter than any shops iv visited) and im sure i will have more questions soon , but then i will have gained knowledge and experience to share back with this forum . :)
    p.s answer quick cuz im still shaking with antisi------pation.
    Graeme

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have never even fitted anything in a pc but i did fit my rca board in the plasma if i remember right you just unscrew the 4 little screws take the plate off slide the board in till it clicks then put the screws back in
    well doing this i put it up on the room table and left the pollystiring (not sure about the spelling) feet on to keep it still make sure you dont touch the board with dirty fingers.
    i have put a pic in the get ya plasma out for the lads thread
    hope it helps

3. mikeq

mikeq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a follow on from what jmack said, only handle the board by the edges as static electricity can damage the electronic components.

I placed my plasma face down onto the polystyrene which was placed on the floor to fit the board.

Do not leave the plasma face down for any great length of time.