1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New owner of Infocus 4805

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by evolution400, Mar 8, 2005.

1. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi guys I am awaiting delivery of my infocus 4805 this is my 1st projector so I am going to need some tips no doubt on setting up my some owners :)
    The wall it will be projected on is magnolia will this be ok or should I get a screen ?
    The room is 15ft by 12ft approx.
    I am going to hook it up to my xbox for the dvd player and for games usage then maybe freeview for tv.

2. FaB*Bo*Peep

FaB*Bo*Peep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I made do with a temporary screen made out of a large rectangle of reflective white paper until I had 100% decided on the size + positioning of a proper screen. Although it worked very well, in my opinion paper / walls and such cannot compete with even the cheapest proper screen.

I paid £100 (including VAT + delivery) for my new widescreen format, black bordered screen which came from a supplier advertising on e-bay and although there are undoubtedly better screens out there, this for me was a perfect balance between cost and picture quality.

Also for maximum picture quality from DVD players - use a component lead if possible, (again you don't have to spend a fortune on these, my ProfiGold 10m cable was around £34 delivered).

Hope this helps and more than anything - enjoy your new projector :thumbsup:

3. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    If you check out my other posts regarding my 4805, you'll see screenshots of it in action. These shots are on a magnolia wall too !!
    I would say, buy a screen as soon as funds allow, but your wall will certainly surfice for the time being.

4. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi guys got my 4805 yesterday all hooked up to my xbox I am using the xbox as MCE extender so I have everything on there TV, mp3 my videos etc hooked in via component.
    Can you guys post your settings here i.e colour 50, contrast 48 etc please so I can setup a few profiles and if there are any tips.
    Thanks in advance.

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you've read, members are using different screens (magnolia walls :eek: ) & sources etc,

You'd be better with a calibration disc (Avia or DVE).

Have a look at Gary's calibration thread -up top.

Best of luck :smashin:

6. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks I have avery similar setup to oakleyspatz if your around appreciate your settings as I liked your screenshots :)

7. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Hi Evo ! I have set mine to contrast 52 brightness 52 and left colour as it is at 50. The magnolia wall does give the image a slightly warmer tone, you can reduce this by going into the advanced menu and in the gamma settings, reducing the red setting to 48, but I like it as it is with the warmer tone. Leave the sharpness at normal as the higher settings introduce some un-natural edge enhancement.

8. rjgaylord

rjgaylord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to intrude on this thread but one of you have told me that he had the lamp flashing upon shutdown behavior on his 4805. do any of the rest of you (oakelyspatz?) have this experience?

9. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    thanks oakley, where can I get mounting kits for this projector ?
    I have my 4805 setup in my attic room so it will need to be mounted on the angled roof part any ideas what I need to buy or am I better off constructing somthing myslef ?
    THanks.

10. greatsnot

greatsnot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I got my ceiling mount from ebay delivered via the states all for £25.00, fits my X1 perfectly , so should be no problem on the 4805, aluminium triangular section with three screw fittings, mounted off the ceiling with a ball joint for adjustment, sits approx 10" down from ceiling to bottom of projector

11. russ123

russ123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I got one of those of Ebay for my 4805 and it fits perfectly :thumbsup: