1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Owner of European AE300 !!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Atari, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Atari

Atari
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I would let everyone know that I have just received (from Germany) a brand new Panasonic AE300 (£1455 incl delivery).

This is my first home cinema projector , and all I can say is WOW!!!:eek: . I have just connected it via the S-video to my Toshiba SD220 DVD player at the moment , so I know there is room for improvement via component cable (maybe RGB scart too?).

Next I plan to test it via my PC and see how that goes , I will try using a DVI cable as I have been told this is the best connector for projectors.

I would just like to say thanks to all on this forum who have helped me (indirectly and directly) for comming to the decision to buy this projector. :clap:

I am glad I didnt just buy another widesceen tv.

Alll the best

Atari

2. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Congratulations on your new purchase Atari!:D If and when you do get a fully wired scart cable (ie RGB), can you let us know:

A. If your DVD player or Set Top Box actually works in RGB mode with the AE300.

B. If it does work whats the Picture Quality like?

3. gothmog

gothmog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :)

I too started off with S-video with my Tosh 210, although it was fine, component was a definite improvement :)

And you'll need it when you upgrade to a PAL-progressive player ;)

Have Fun :)

-- Jon

4. Seb1

Seb1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am thinking about buying one from Germany also.

If it breaks down will I be okay in terms of warrenty etc?

Could I just send it to Panasonic UK to have it fixed?

Or will I have problems because it came from Germany?

Sorry, but I need to be 100% sure about everything before I drop 1.5 grand on a projector...

I am really excited and anxious at the same time. I want everything to be perfect. Projectors are great but I have been reading these forums long enough to know that they can be quite problematic at times...

5. Muzza

Muzza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Just letting you know that I use Scart to Scart conection from my Sky box to my New Zealand model AE300 and it displays on the screen as receiving RGB. Look pretty good to !
    Cheers
    Murray.

6. Atari

Atari
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seb1

With regards to warrenty , when I bought mine from Germany it has a pan-european gaurantee. So you should be able to send it to your local panasonic service centre. I live in the Netherlands and mine is not too far from where I live. Maybe e-mail the company in Germany just to double check (and maybe Panasonic too)

Calibos

I have tried the projector with an RGB scart and the picture is much better than s-video (also on the menu screen it states RGB input when switching inputs form S-video to scart)

Next I have to try some component leads as I keep hearing that this is the ultimate connection from DVD. Also I will try DVI from my PC just to compare. Sorry I havent replied earlier but just been busy testing etc with my new AE300 . To get the best it seems now I might have to buy a projector bracket to hang it from the ceiling more expense !!

Regards

Atari

7. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A number of members have had success using speaker stands / speaker mounts or even cheap TV wall stands turned upside-down and drilled to mount their projectors.

J