1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Order -Live at Finsbury Park

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by activeservo, Apr 19, 2003.

1. activeservo

activeservo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So how does this DVD fair .Is it worth getting????:smoke:

2. philst68i

philst68i

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    The dvd is well worth buying. Forgotten how much I like them, just bought the Reading New order '98 DVD for £6.99 from splash.dvd after seeing this one. Just one regret that I never actually seen them Live........but we'll see ?

BUY IT !

3. activeservo

activeservo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and it was brilliant,I also have never seen them live but watching this dVd is the next best thing.It was great to hear some of the old Joy Division Songs again."Love will tear us apart","Radio","Digital" and also to hear some of my favourites "True Faith","Blue Monday","Crystal","60 miles an hour",Close Range".One thing I couldn't understand was why Bernard Sumner needed the help of an auto cue ,had he forgotten the lyrics???Also he cat whistles alot through out the gig abit annoying I must admit but all in all a fantastic dvd .Now I remember why I loved and love New Order ,I'm glad I bought it.:smoke:

4. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Been waiting for the Finsbury DVD to drop in price for awhile now.

How does it compare to the Reading one from a couple of years before ??? I have that but it's clearly a 'made for TV' job. Doesn't really capture the atmosphere (no pun intended) of the night and the limited number of camera angles (about 3) gets a bit tiresome.

I've seen New Order twice and they've been magnificent twice....which given their dodgy live performances over the years makes me a very lucky chappy.:D