1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New or used ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by spocktra, Apr 7, 2005.

1. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I want to replace my dvd player with a top end budget of £500.My question is, do i get a middle of the range model such as the denon 2910,panny s97 etc,or do i try and get hold of a discontinued top of the line like the arcam dv27.My wallet is itching.

2. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have the Pioneer 757ai, very nice at the £440 paid last year, probably cheaper now.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    I think you will be very luck to be able to get your hands on a DV27 for £500, they normally go for anything up to £1000 ex-demo or even second hand as they are still in big demand. But you may be lucky!
    And that is the problem with trying to go second hand, it really depends on wheather what you are after is up for grabs at the right time. If it is then I see no reason not to go for it as long as it is in good condition, especially if you buy from somebody on these forums that you know and can therefore be fairly sure its been well looked after. Bidding on eBay etc has a few more risks involved!

Mark.