• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Optoma HD504 coming with DarkChip3 / HD4

hifiboom

Standard Member
look at this, amazing:

http://www.optomausa.com/documents/HD504 Final_1.doc

maybe I should wait and buy the forthcoming HD504 instead of RD50.

so the old Sagem is called HD501 (there is still some connection between these two -- lol -- :D )

the most important news is:

CES represents the first public technology demonstration of the latest DarkChip3 DLP, and SmoothPicture™ technology from Texas Instruments, delivering the world's finest HDTV projection images to date. The HD504 projects a superior 2500:1 contrast ratio with a native resolution of 720p for a film-quality HD image, on a non-reflective, fine-grade screen. The latest technology available from Texas Instruments achieves both higher brightness and deeper black levels by “filling in” the area where the digital micro mirror connects to its hinge – the so-called “dimple.” In addition the gap between the mirrors has been further reduced and the backing to the mirrors has become more light absorbent.

The HD504 measures only 14.8-inches deep and weighs only 90 pounds.

sounds good..................
:clap:

St_ve

Standard Member
I think its an updated version of the HD3 chip & i believe its has half the mirors of the HD2+ The HD3 is found in some samsungs the mirrors are aranged in a diamond pattern & each mirror is used for two seperate pixels by switching between them very quickly some people prefer the look of the HD3 as it is said it delivers a more film like image.However the majority seem to prefer the sharper image of the HD3
Time will tell if it can beat the HD2+ .
There is another chip in the pipeline the xHD3 that is a higher resolution than the HD3
the HD3 has a 720 vertical resolution & the xHD3 i think has a 1081 ver res ? it will
still have less mirrors than a HD2+ of course if the xHD3 turns out to have a better picture than the HD2 sets i imagine it will cost more.
By the way Hifiboom i've posted the photos of the RD50 you asked for on to the
DLP tvs & home Theatre thread if want me to email the original they are around 3MB
each :devil:

St_ve

Standard Member
Manufacturers exagerate & tell outright lies at times ur pics have been uploaded i'm zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz cu

weebroonieuk

Standard Member
so the xhd3/4 will be better than the hd2+

just as i was getting settled lol no matter i wont be buying for a few months now by the looks of it

Razor

Distinguished Member
The new Optoma will be optomised for ITV playback and will not be able to display BBC 1 & 2 or sky moviess with out the picture jumping all over the place. It can be partially cured by spending at least a £1000 on an external divice. The manual is beign distributed on a single sided 3.5' floppy and consitis of a maximum of 4 pages telling you how to plug it in and change channels.

The remote control will be an optional extra and wont be avialible when then set is released. It will be availible 4 months after the set has been on the market for a fee of £100.

If you have any problems with the new set Optoma advise you not to call them as they wont answer your calls back nor will they have anyone with technical knowledge working for this company. In fact they will always be in meetings and if you are lucky to get hold of a memeber of staff they wont have a clue what your talking about.

hifiboom

Standard Member
Razor said:
The new Optoma will be optomised for ITV playback and will not be able to display BBC 1 & 2 or sky moviess with out the picture jumping all over the place. It can be partially cured by spending at least a £1000 on an external divice. The manual is beign distributed on a single sided 3.5' floppy and consitis of a maxium of 4 pages telling you how to plug it in and change channels.

The remote control will be an optional extra and wont be avialible when then set is released. It will be availible 4 months after the set has been on the market for a fee of £100.

If you have any problems with the new set Optoma advise you not to call them as they wont answer your calls back nor will they have anyone with technical knowledge working for this company. In fact they will always be in meetings and if you are lucky to get hold of a memeber of staff they wont have a clue what your talking about.

lol :D

for sure......I think you `re right

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom