New online DVD streaming!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by wakeywakey, May 20, 2004.

1. wakeywakey

wakeywakey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have found a site which has an excellent streaming facility for DVD. For a little fee you can stream your video's which can be in DVD format over the internet. It is an easy way for live online TV shows or film showings.
    http://www.redlinehosts.co.uk

Try it.
    Ta

2. POiSON

POiSON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    all i see is a 'web hosting' company.

where's the streaming of dvd film here ?

3. Will K

Will K
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No such thing as unlimited bandwidth, if you get too many visitors to your site the web hosting company drops you, wot a load of b******* companies like this are what makes the internet bad.

What the person who wrote the post means is you can make web pages which stream live video using that hosting company butttt unlimited bandwidth is a con if you get 500 000 hits a day ( people visiting your website, you usually get a quota before getting charged more ) i reckon this company would soon ask you to go elsewhere or ask for more money off you.

5. Noodle

Noodle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What kind of internet connection would you need to stream DVD's!!!!

5 Meg minimum I reckon.

:rolleyes:

6. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You use web design software like Dreamweaver MX and you upload the content to the webhosting service and they handle the streaming and you play back the movie file using RealPlayer Windows Media Player or Quicktime, its the person doing the downloads who has to have a decent connection but i imagine broadband 512kbs is suitable for smaller image sizes, streaming video allows the content to begin playing after you receive the first packet of information which is why it's ideal for watching video material as you don't have to wait for the full download to start watching the film.

It depends on the actual size of the image but you won't get fullscreen digital DVD quality with current broadband connections in the UK.

Japan and certain parts of Europe have very high speed broadband which can deal with fullscreen DVD quality streaming of movies and the sad thing is they pay the same price for 8mb/s broadband and higher speed connections as we pay for 512k connections.