New Onkyo Reciever

bazkav

Established Member
Reaction score
Just ordered Onkyo RZ50 from Richer sounds Leeds, arrives Friday this is replacing my Denon X4500 which will hopefully be sold on on here.
Anybody’s thoughts on this switch, is it a good move or not? Opinions welcomed.

What’s your motivation for the switch?

What you will lose is 2 independent sub outs if that is an issue for you or not.

No ive just got one SVS2000 pro and that’s feels enough in my room.

I also just fancied a change, I used to have an Onkyo 675 back in the day and really liked it

I have an Onkyo RZ50 I just got delivered earlier in the week. If you calibrate DIRAC using a UMIK mic I think it's fantastic, esp when added with the +6db and +8db harman curves.

Just a shame it doesn't have independent sub-outs but like what David said. But if that's not an issue for you then it's a fantastic receiver.

I posted a little bit about it on this thread:

If you have two sub outs can’t you control them with the sub itself like through the Bluetooth app on the SVS Subs?

Not familiar with the SVS app so don’t know if it compensates for phase between 2 or more sub locations. So as long as the processing between the subs is done through the app then this should work. But the RZ50 will only ever see one sub. The 2 sub outs on the AVR are essentially an onboard Y-splitter.

I’ve a minidsp, so I can set phase delays in this (using REW freeware). So this in effect gives up to 4 ‘independent’ sub outs. You then present the onboard Dirac on the AVR with a ‘summed’ super-sub. It’s one of the reasons why I’m not overly concerned about the lack of independent sub outs on the RZ50. But as my 2 subs are front right and rear left of the room I’d need some ability to measure and implement delays for each sub.

Although this applies only if you have more than one sub, and also if they are located differently to the MLP. A single sub or two subs say, in font and equidistant to the MLP, the relative phase relationship may not be an issue.

To be fair I’m not planning on more subs.
The PB 2000 provides enough bass for me without really pushing it.
Maybe if I lived in a big detached house but I don’t just a semi with neighbour considerations.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom