richard plumb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
with HDMI 1.3, TrueHD and DTS-MA decoding

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4166654

txsr605.jpg

sounds nice :D

TX-SR605 MSRP $499 Shipping mid May
*Full A/V Processing via HDMI 1.3a with Upconversion (2 in 1 out)
*HDMI Deep Color Capable (36bit)
*Component Video Upconversion and HDTV-Capable (50 MHZ) Video Switching (3 in 1 out)
*WRAT/ Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry/ Non-Scaling Configuration/ A-Form Listening Mode Memory/ RI
*Faroudja DCDi
*Audyssey 2EQ Room Acoustics Correction
*7.1 Multichannel Inputs for PCM Delivery of Hi-Def Audio Sources
*DOLBY Decoder - PLIIx, DD, DD-EX, TrueHD
*DTS Decoder - DTS, ES, NEO6, 96/24, HD Master Audio
*S-Video (5 in 2 out)
*Digital Audio IN (OPT/COAX) 3/3
*Composite Video (5 in/2 out)
*Power 90W/Ch
*Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line-Out
*Bi-Amp Capable
*XM and Sirius ports
*XM HD Surround Sound through Neural Surround

or perhaps you fancy the 905 with Reon VX video scaling and dual HDMI outputs!

TX-NR905 MSRP $1999 Est Shipping date mid to late August
*Full A/V Processing via HDMI 1.3a with Upconversion (4 in 2 out)
*HDMI Deep Color Capable (36bit)
*Component Video Upconversion and HDTV-Capable (100 MHZ) Video Switching (? in 1 out)
*WRAT/ Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry/ Non-Scaling Configuration/ A-Form Listening Mode Memory/ RI
*HQV Reon-VX Video Processing and NSV Precision Video
*Audyssey MultEQ XT Room Acoustics Correction
*7.1 Multichannel Inputs for PCM Delivery of Hi-Def Audio Sources
*DOLBY Decoder - PLIIx, DD, DD-EX, TrueHD
*DTS Decoder - DTS, ES, NEO6, 96/24, HD Master Audio
*THX Ultra2 Certified
*S-Video (? in 1 out)
*Digital Audio IN (OPT/COAX) ?/?
*Composite (? in 1 out)
*Burr-Brown 192/24-bit DAC on all Channels (TI Architecture (PCM1796))
*Power ??0W/Ch
*Powered Zone 2 with Video Balance Volume and tone control
*Powered Zone 3
*Bi-Amp & BTL Capable
*Dual Push-Pull Amp with 3 stage inverted
*Toroidal Transformer and Seperate Transformers for processing.
*Networking Capabilities via Onkyo's e-Control System for Internet Radio and WMA

I like, I like very much!:eek:

TX-SR605 MSRP $499 Shipping mid May

Will it be available in may in europe too?
500 dollers is fairly cheap, is there a catch?!!!

The Onkyo looks to be a bargin. I was thinking about getting the 674 but the 605 offers better features at a lower price.

Any news on the UK version and the 675 (assuming there is one)?

I might be interested in the 605 as a processor - I can't see whether it has pre-outs in any of the specs though? :confused:

Could I connect my ps3 to it, and then connect it to my lcd via hdmi?

Didn't see any 675. There is a 705 which adds Audessey MultiEQ (the 605 has 2channel Audessey) and is THX select 2 certified; the 805 which is THX ultra 2 certified has burr brown DACs and has both powered Zone 2 and Zone 3; and then the 905

check out onkyousa.com for more info

Yep, I posted this news in the Onkyo 674 thread yesterday. Looks like a good lineup, it seems like the 705 will replace the 674?

yes I read somewhere on the tinternet that 705 would be replacement for the 674. Not to say that internet is 100% correct.........

Erm. On another point. The US models have some different features (usually on AV stuff anyway) for example XM HD etc. XM is not availible in the uk!

do US stuff like this usually take a few months to make it over here, or it is a worldwide release? Im a newbee btw

Hi Richard i am very excited about 905 as i would like two hdmi output 1 for plasma and the other for pj can't find anything on the onkyo web site for 605 or 905 where did you get the detail from? would you post a link please
thanks

come on does anyone know I really wanna get this amp sounds an av bargain, if not would seriously look into importing from the states !!

info was initially from a gaming forum I go to. But the information there was linked from jr.com (an online retailer) and onkyousa.com. So its only US information for now.

richard, while were on the subject of this, can recievers like this send the audio into the amp and then onto the tv?. what i mean is send the sound and picture separately, as i have a phd8 and no speakers with the tv? if that makes sense,

sticking to topic though looks gooooooood !!! looking to upgrade soon anyway!:clap:

come on does anyone know I really wanna get this amp sounds an av bargain, if not would seriously look into importing from the states !!

apart from the obvious electricity difference, would there be any other difference between the US and UK model??

I am looking for a receivr for my HD-XE1 and this could fit the bill. Is there any benefit from sound over 1.3 vs LPCM?

Does anyone know how tall this receiver is? I am very interested but my stand only permits a usable height of 15.2cm between the shelves.

Am now really considering buying one of these Onkyo amps but had my heart set on a Denon 3930.

How do Onkyo compare to Denon build wise and sonically?

Check out the reciever section @AV LAND, spec sheet and pictures of the new Onkyo recieve.rs, also they claim a June release date! hope so as waiting on the 875!!!
In reply to the last post was it the Denon 3808 you are waiting for? never heard of the 3930 ,or am i mistaken?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom