Question new oled tv - which one

dion 6

Thats mad. If true, then Sony are just overcharging for the sake of overcharging and for their 'speaker tech' which no one ever asked for.
That's the point I was trying to make in my earlier post I know Sony make great TVs but I still think they are over priced.

majkom

Lol, still undecided.

cant decide between lowcost 65 (65b9+soundbar), high end 55 (55gz2000) or middle 65 (65gz950+soundbar)...

65b9+soundbar would cost approx same as 55gz2000, 65gz950+soindbar would be most expensive (+20% over previous options)...

thedoswells

Lol, still undecided.

cant decide between lowcost 65 (65b9+soundbar), high end 55 (55gz2000) or middle 65 (65gz950+soundbar)...

65b9+soundbar would cost approx same as 55gz2000, 65gz950+soindbar would be most expensive (+20% over previous options)...

65gz950 + bar.....

semitone

Honestly, check out the Philips 804/854 at £1500 for the 65”.
The P5 v3 image processing looks superb.. though I’ve not directly compared with the others...it’s upscaling from freeview is great and trouble free for casual viewing, it’s got all the apps you might need inc Disney+
Mr Dodgexander, who says the Android9 is crap..to me it’s perfectly OK, works well...what’s the problem? maybe the others are so much better ? HDMI 2.1 ? essential right now? Maybe? Do you think the new Xbox and ps5 won’t look amazing on any current OLED 65? I would have bought any one of the current faves that got to £1500.
All incredible tech. I bought a Sharp 32” LCD 15 years ago when the price dropped from £1800 to £1300. OLED 65” at anything 1.5K to 2K is amazing...take your pic....and weep in 1 or 2 years what you get for the same price...never ends..all good!!
Don’t ignore the Philips!

semitone

Forgot to say ..USP.. ambilight?.. Mrs said...gonna turn them weird lights off .. it’s really annoying.. 🤷🏻‍♀️😂😂

majkom

Philips aint cheap here where i live... had philips in the pst ane experience was simply horrible (their sw was awful), maybe they got better (still read some awful stories from time to time), but i do not want to test that... moreover, high input lag, not so good motion processing, etc.

semitone

Read the Forums Review, motion processing is great, high input lag? you said in another thread not bothered about gaming? Expensive? Don’t know where you live.
Just trying to help, save £300 on the screen, gets you a good budget starter on the surround spkrs or soundbar

semitone

Go for it, whatever you choose is best for you , any OLED is a gamechanger, the perfect blacks are amazing as is the specular highlights intensity.
Would have any of the current faves!

killiefan

If LG Display and LG Electronics are in the same group it matters not a jot to shareholders in the parent company where the profits sit.

Are they grouped?

Also, why are Philips and Panasonic prices competitive with LG and Sony prices are not?

There is way more to this pricing malarkey than just the profit margin on a panel.

majkom

Ok, it is gonna be panasonic;) still undecided type and size.
Either 55gz2000 or 55gz950+htb700 or 65gz950+htb700can get htb700 for 330 eur, did anyone hear that soundbar? Is it any good?

dion 6

Ok, it is gonna be panasonic;) still undecided type and size.
Either 55gz2000 or 55gz950+htb700 or 65gz950+htb700can get htb700 for 330 eur, did anyone hear that soundbar? Is it any good?
Go for a 65gz950 Iv got one you'll regret it if you get a 55 inch

majkom

so, did not buy anything yet, change my mind several times, decided to go for Sonos Arc, so choices are following:
55b9 with sonos arc - cheapest combo - b9 would cost me 1000 eur and will sell apple tv 4k for lets say 100 eur, so 900 eur plus sonos arc
55c9 - better b9, 1120 eur plus sonos arc
55gz950 - 1150 eur plus sonos arc (will have to keep apple tv)

Can not decide, cheapest way seems attractive, as I know that I will be buying new bigger oled in 3 years and AFAIK I am not loosing that much not buying c9. On the other hand, gz950 is attractive, would try something else than lg oled (as i stated befote, got 55b7 righ now), heard picture is outstanding, buuuuut will have to keep apple tv (less comfortable than in os app) and no dolby atmos for sonos arc (would it, at least send atmos as 5.1? and, is there possibility not having lip sync issues with apple tv/game console content?)... C9 is middle ground, not cheap, not so fresh as panasonic, but, it seems that b9 is wallet`s choice, gz is heart`s choice and c9 is the best choice:D

thedoswells

so, did not buy anything yet, change my mind several times, decided to go for Sonos Arc, so choices are following:
55b9 with sonos arc - cheapest combo - b9 would cost me 1000 eur and will sell apple tv 4k for lets say 100 eur, so 900 eur plus sonos arc
55c9 - better b9, 1120 eur plus sonos arc
55gz950 - 1150 eur plus sonos arc (will have to keep apple tv)

Can not decide, cheapest way seems attractive, as I know that I will be buying new bigger oled in 3 years and AFAIK I am not loosing that much not buying c9. On the other hand, gz950 is attractive, would try something else than lg oled (as i stated befote, got 55b7 righ now), heard picture is outstanding, buuuuut will have to keep apple tv (less comfortable than in os app) and no dolby atmos for sonos arc (would it, at least send atmos as 5.1? and, is there possibility not having lip sync issues with apple tv/game console content?)... C9 is middle ground, not cheap, not so fresh as panasonic, but, it seems that b9 is wallet`s choice, gz is heart`s choice and c9 is the best choice:D

If your heart says gz950 then just get it. You won't be disappointed, it is superb.
Why do you say no Atmos with the Sonos arc?

Broken Hope

Getting a new TV at this point and not getting HDMI 2.1 seems like a mistake, especially if you do plan on getting a next gen console.

One of the 2019 LG sets would be my choice.

deon444

Distinguished Member
Get either a 65 c9 with bar or a gz950 with bar,me personally I would get a c9 with bar as it has more future proofing vs the gz950, especially if you're getting the sonos arc then e-arc is needed.

Picture quality between each set is basically the same ,give or take the odd scene here or there. Both produce a fantastic pic so you can't really lose with either as long as you get a uniform panel.

But with the c9 having more 2.1 features inc e-arc, it's the more sensible choice imo.

majkom

So, finally bought tv and tomorrow, brand new LG oled65C9 will arrive, thanx for every input and discussion:)

now thinking about buying soundbar to accompany this oled miracle:) any idea?Feel free to help me - just opened new thread here: Question - Soundbar for LG 65C9

dawson001

So, finally bought tv and tomorrow, brand new LG oled65C9 will arrive, thanx for every input and discussion:)

now thinking about buying soundbar to accompany this oled miracle:) any idea?Feel free to help me - just opened new thread here: Question - Soundbar for LG 65C9
Wow....where did you find a 65 inch C9? I can't find one anywhere

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for February 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches ZEN One Signature DAC
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Rotel announces MKII versions of A12, CD14 and RCD-1572 devices