New OLED evo panels same as latest ones

snooper

Hi am looking at possibly getting a Panny JZ1500 before they get replaced. My question is as this uses an evo panel as most new model OLED’s will all have evo panels would I be losing out on anything apart from a few features maybe by buying this current model Panasonic now. As I assume the brightness levels wil be pretty similar. Thanks

Diehard58

Standard Member
Hi am looking at possibly getting a Panny JZ1500 before they get replaced. My question is as this uses an evo panel as most new model OLED’s will all have evo panels would I be losing out on anything apart from a few features maybe by buying this current model Panasonic now. As I assume the brightness levels wil be pretty similar. Thanks
I do not think their use the evo but have heatsink on them so can be made to go bright please try the panny forums

NoFace3D

Novice Member
JZ1500 doesn't have heatsink.
On paper 2021 EVO panels were 20% brighter than normal panels, 2022 EVO (EX) panels should be 30% brighter than normal panels, so 10% brighter than 2021 EVO panels.

In general Panasonic is able to drive their panels the brightest in comparison to competitors.
According to numbers it looks like JZ1500 is already using 2021 EVO panel.
In theory 2022 models can be 10% brighter over 2021 models, so pretty similar.

larkone

JZ1500 doesn't have heatsink.
wrong the 48" panel doesn't but the larger ones (>48") do have the heatsink, exactly the same as the JZ2000 (minus the soundbar)

In terms of features, there is the same Custom Professional OLED panel found in the top of the range JZ2000, meaning there is a heat sink being used to dissipate heat and improve panel brightness for HDR peak highlights. The JZ1500 also has all the major features found on the JZ2000 with the new HCX Pro AI Processor taking up the video processing chores to an incredibly high standard of accuracy.

NoFace3D

Novice Member
Even better. Then it should be the best OLED for those with home audio when it comes to the picture quality and when 65" is sufficient.

I guess that even 2022 OLED models of other brands will hardly reach the same peak brightness.

snooper

Thanks for the replies so looking like I will be getting a JZ1500 before they go & when the price hopefully comes down more too.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom