New Office Chair Purchase

swall101

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I’ve decided to invest in a decent office chair for longer term health of my back. After my research I’ve decided on the Herman Miller Aeron remastered (fully loaded). The 2 stores I keep coming back to are Wellworking and Back2. Has anyone any experience of them, preferences one over the other?

Also spending more than I’d ever thought I would on a chair I want to try and get the best deal possible (really don’t want to go down second hand route) but I’ve searched and searched and just cannot find any discount codes that work. I’ve even got it in the back of my head that I saw a first time purchase/newsletter sign up discount of 10% but I’m dammed if I can find it.

Lastly do either do Black Friday deals does anyone know? Really want to get in next couple of weeks but will be a bit put out if they do heavy discounting for BF in November.

Cheers in advance, did trawl back through previous posts re this chair which seemed more re the 2nd hand market and reviews thereof…

Best purchase I made for the home office. I bought second hand on ebay from a company that did office clearouts. It saved me several hundred pounds and was as new condition.

Best purchase I made for the home office. I bought second hand on ebay from a company that did office clearouts. It saved me several hundred pounds and was as new condition.
Really good to hear, I think it is one of those areas where we probably talk ourselves out of spend a lot on a chair but don’t think twice if it were a TV.

Been seeing a chiropractor last few weeks and issues definitely stem from home working (and getting older!) so that was the trigger for me. Not sure I can do the eBay lottery on this sort of purchase as I’m lucky Eddie when it comes to it going t*@s up! Out of interest is warranty transferable on your purchase?

Last edited:
I did something similar, bought from a company that had stock from office clearouts. Best office purchase I've ever made. Best chair I've ever used and sorted all of my lower back issues within a week or so. Retail just shy of 1K, second hand V1 edition 400 quid. Result.

Mine was a Mirra 2 so slightly different pricing, but we had them in the office so I knew I'd get on well with it given I couldn't trial one beforehand.

The warranty isnt transferable from the original buyer but that doesn't bother me, for the saving I've made I can buy spares should they be needed.

Bought Herman Miller Aeron from them last year - refurbished - £550

Great communication, delivered next day and literally looked new - bar a tiny little rub mark on the bottom - could have easily passed for new. Would 100% recommend.

Spend 10/12 hours a day in the chair - first class.

I've just started looking for an office chair for use at home, as I will have to take my company one back to the office as we are now going back in 2-3 days a week. My issue is I'm 6'6" so need one suitable for my height. Would love one of the linked ones but can't justify them prices for two days a week at home.

Been looking at the secretlab titan xl and nobelchairs hero, which state they are suitable for my size and weight. Any views on these chairs?

Been looking at the secretlab titan xl and nobelchairs hero, which state they are suitable for my size and weight. Any views on these chairs?

I have one of the Noble Chairs Hero in Black\Red Leather (the stitching is in red) and I bought at the height of lockdown. I am 6'4" and it is a good position for me, especially since I like to lean my head back on to the headrest to think. I would say I had some initial build issues with mine as part of a weld had failed so the left armrest appeared to move a bit and overtime this went. To be fair they (Overclockers - part of the same group) swapped it out and all was well but the parts took longer to come because of lockdown.

At a similar time my son got a secretlab chair albeit a smaller version as he is only 13. That was the PU one and I could be wrong but seems like it might last longer.

I have one of the Noble Chairs Hero in Black\Red Leather (the stitching is in red) and I bought at the height of lockdown. I am 6'4" and it is a good position for me, especially since I like to lean my head back on to the headrest to think. I would say I had some initial build issues with mine as part of a weld had failed so the left armrest appeared to move a bit and overtime this went. To be fair they (Overclockers - part of the same group) swapped it out and all was well but the parts took longer to come because of lockdown.

At a similar time my son got a secretlab chair albeit a smaller version as he is only 13. That was the PU one and I could be wrong but seems like it might last longer.
Thanks, still quite a bit of money for both of them, but going to need something suitable. At least the secretlabs offer a finance package so wouldn't feel the hit as much.

Thanks, still quite a bit of money for both of them, but going to need something suitable. At least the secretlabs offer a finance package so wouldn't feel the hit as much.

Yep, I originally looked a the Herman Miller too but found I wanted a headrest and adding the "aftermarket" one to the cost just put in the hard to justify and although I sat in one in JL it wasn't the same.

Mine is certainly better than my predecessor which was just a generic one from Costco.

I also bought from corporate spec with good experience, certainly recommend

If you want to truly look a after your back, don't discount the RH logic 400 which is the chair all the occupational therapists recommend. ( I have one)
Got something similar to that. Not cheap though. Circa £800.

Bought a gaming chair via Amazon for £100, it’s okay, but not great for all day use.

Googling brings this up, If of any help. In 2004 when the MOD were in process of making many British soldiers redundant they were placing an order with Aeron office chairs, (made in China) to supply more than 3000 luxury office chairs each one priced £1000, for the use of MOD civil servants.

Last edited:
I have secret lab titan for a year. Very comfortable and good back support too.
Would you say this has been good for long term use around 8 hours a day and for general keyboard and mouse use? Herman Millers tend to prop your back forward making them comfortable, the impression I got from gaming chairs is that they're use for leaning back?

Would you say this has been good for long term use around 8 hours a day and for general keyboard and mouse use? Herman Millers tend to prop your back forward making them comfortable, the impression I got from gaming chairs is that they're use for leaning back?
My back feels good and nonissues since I’ve had the secret lab.

I have noticed a bit of wear in the arms but maybe that’s because I lean hard on the arms I don’t know

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom