new NTL stb-I want my old one back

glynndenniss

Standard Member
Reaction score
My NTL STB broke down on me the other night and i have just had the engineer around this morning to have a look at it. It turns out that the STB is knackered and that i needed a newer version as i had the original STB and they are now on version 3. Great I thought a new box, could there be some improvements on this??????????
The answer is no, its WORSE the picture is still the same, but i can no longer get the BBC ITV C4 & C5 through the TV its self ( i now need to get a anologue aerial ), so this means i no longer have access to teletext.
And there is no audio output from the new STB, so i can no longer connect it to my receiver.
I thought upgrades was supposed to improve on the model before not strip it of the few goodies it does contain

I'm afraid you are a victim of NTL's drive to cut costs, quick way was to only purchase from PACE the STB's will lower specs.

I've read that you can split the incoming cable and route one end into the STB and the other into the TV/VCR, how that effects the overall signal strength to the STB is another story.
The audio output can be accessed to supply an amplifier by purchasing a scart cable with an additional twin phono cables.

Hi Starburst, you say 'The audio output can be accessed to supply an amplifier by purchasing a scart cable with an additional twin phono cables.' I need this for my telewest stb, do you know where i can get a decent one from ???

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom