New NTL Problem

JonMace

Prominent Member
Reaction score
double digit channels drop digits, i.e. 100 becomes 10, 144 becomes 14, 111 becomes 1.

I had this prob with my Samsung STB but not my Pace 4000 but over night it has happenend to the Pace, was Ok for the last 4 months. :confused: :confused: :confused:

OK think its my fault over the weekend I tried to add some new channels to the line up and done it wrong instead I done a complete resetup and must have choose the wrong IR number. Done a system restore and now everything is OK

hi jon.

I think I have the same stb, and this happens to me sometimes. As far as I can tell (theory only) the stb has two sets of codes it can listen to...depending which one it sees first it will react to that set of codes...so we have to make it see the mce blaster and NOT the mce remote...

to do:
1) unplug stb for a few seconds
2) plug it back in, wait for it to boot and wait for the spinning ntl logo (bottom right "starting" to disappear)
3) cover the front of the stb with something (radiotimes come sin handy) so that the stb receiver cannot see anything external besides the mce ir blaster)
4) change some channels using the mce remote, the first few changes will do nothing, then slowly the box will start listening to the mce blaster exclusively

To verify you have to done correctly, change channel using the mce remote. As soon as you press ch+ or similar, watch the stb. The lower of the three status LED's should NOT flash in reaction (i.e. the stb should not have recognised the mce remote). Once the blaster starts flashing then the lower (third) of the stb status led's should flash in recognition. This means the stb is listening to the ir blaster, and not the actual mce remote.

I may have to repeat this procedure occasionally as sometimes in the rainy weather my box has a habit of rebooting...

The correct codeset was pace c1060, but with the mce updates they have added a category "ntl"..not sure which box it is under that category...but pace c1060 set to slowest (plus my trick above) gets my box working everytime. I am on the "purple" firmware from ntl.

hope this helps
Werner

Cheers for your advice Werner, but got the Pace working 100% again, by doing the sys resetup. Do you know the correct code for the Samsung UK STB as I will then add it to the living room setup as I use a XBox extender in the bedroom anyway?

I havent looked into the samsung yet...I know people are having double digit problems with it, and because of that I am loathe to swop my pace for a samsung (to get the 2mb broadband upgrade ntl are doing...the pace doesnt support it)

maybe one day I will do it, but the wife is happy as things are, the htpc behaves itself...I dont see why I should rock the boat:)

Don't balm you, as I say I don't have a prob at all with my Pace 4000 series (untill I buggered it up my self) if you can tell me a command that I can tyoe in to tell you my settings I will forward them to you and that may stop your periododic problems

sorry, I think we got mixed up...my htpc runs fine, it is the ntl pace 4010 that reboots itself, causing this hassle occasionally (once a month or so..)

Oh OK my DMSII work great too, as does my STB would just like too add the other one :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom