New Nokia Range

juglandblues

Established Member
Reaction score
Read up about the 3 new Nokia models and thinking about ditching my iPhone 6 for a Nokia 5 when they are released. Seem reasonably priced and a decent spec. Hopefully it kickstarts nokias revival a bit.

What do they offer that you can't do on your iPhone 6?

No real reason apart from I'm on a good sim only plan and don't want to commit to another big contract. My phones well over 2years old now and I'm just thinking its time for a change. Another reason is for the price of an Apple Watch I can buy the Hauwei watch and a Nokia 5 for the same price.

You need to check the CPU on the new Nokias, its an old Snapdragon 430 which is 8-core at 1.2Ghz, but with an old GPU. Might not be as snappy as you are used to.

If they'd put a decent CPU in, I think it'd be a killer phone for the features, the build and the price.

I'm not too sure if I would notice a huge difference. I'm not a massive user of multitasking or games on my phone. It's slightly bigger than my iPhone 6 but fits the budget and seems to have a good camera.

If the leaked Nokia 9 specs are to be believed it looks like some phone indeed and I'll be waiting for it.

In that price range I'd probably go for the Moto G4 over the Nokia 5, the Moto has better spec and they've a good reputation with their G series as being decent handsets for the money.

Nokia 6 looks decent specs and pure Android on all their handsets is the way it should be, best bit is the constant updates to Android rather than having to wait

Nokia 8 and 9 will be some pieces of kit

I'm also on a iphone6 and although it works ok I want a bigger screen just for browsing, not interested in games so no need for top specs

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom