Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

New Nokia 6260 on Orange - can't get picture messaging to work

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by ianh64, Mar 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi

I am on the Orange Virgin matched tarrif. I have just bought a new Nokia 6260 handset only and I am having problems getting multimedia/picture messaging to work.

I have downloaded the settings for a Nokia 7610 from the Orange website - the 6250 is not supported by Orange so I thought this would be a close match. I have checked the username 'Orange' and password 'Multimedia' are correct. The other settings all look reasonable. The data carrier is GPRS and the access point is Orange MMS - I have also tried Orange.net (GPRS)

From the data counters, it appears that I send about 300 bytes then get nothing in return. The message send then times out and reschedules itself.

I have checked with Orange to confirm that I am picture messaging enabled. I have also confirmed that being on the Virgin tarrif does nt exclude me from these things. Strangely my wife, who is on the same Orange/Virgin tarrif but has a Sony T610 also has problems.

Having drawn a blank from a quick search of these forums, can anyone point me in the direction on how to configure MMS for this phone on Orange.

Thanks

-Ian

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Got it working now - I think.

Thanks to this web site I discovered that my proxy port (under advanced settings) was incorrectly set to 9201 - changed it to 8080 and I seem to beable to send and receive MMS pictures now.

All I need to do now is to get the same to work on my wife's T610 - but it appears not to have a proxy port settings that I can change.

-Ian