New, no Second Hand Pioneer 434!

tomonhere

Standard Member
Reaction score
Well after searching the Web for a while, I decided to go for a Pioneer 434. I even found it for £3100. All seemed well until this Saturday when I took delivery of my new Plasma TV. Only it was not new. It had marks on the glass and even a dent on the remote. And when I look closer I noticed it had screw marks on the tabletop stand mount. Only I didn’t have a table top stand! So I then looked at the service menu and discovered that the screen had been used for 570 hours and had been turned on 300+ times. Hmmm pretty sure it’s not new now!

So I rung the retailer on Sunday and found someone in. The said they would need to find out how it had happened and would call me back on Monday. Well its Tuesday now and I still haven’t heard from them.

The retailer is www.shopbyprice.co.uk. Anyone else used them???

Tom.

I feel for you mate, but don't wait for them to call you, chase them and make sure they understand you mean business!

-Ed

you only have 7 working days to return it for refund.

quote the new sale of goods act to them and mention trading standards the goods have to be fit for the purpose also unless it stated sold as seen/damage/used or diplay model.. then they are selling 2nd hand merchandise as new stock . which i think is against the law

That's Bad :thumbsdow

The Plasma box has a non tilt device type sticker on it that says do not accept if it was activated did you notice if this had gone off? That would have alerted you to some suspicion.
It should also have a build date on the box. Mine was less than a month old as I don't think they hung around much due to the demand.

BTW do you get in and out of the service menu?

Thanks.

JL did the same to me, but they rectified their mistake very quickly indeed.

Have you managed to get any response yet?

Yep I knew how to get into the menu. And yes I spoke to them today. They say that it shouldn't have happened and they are very sorry. They offered me 3 choices. 1 get a full refund, 2 have another 434 but it will have to be another 2nd user one as there are none left that are new. And 3. Keep my plasma for a month and get the new 435XDE when it comes out.

I’ve opted for 3, but I hope the 435XDE is as good as the old one.

I have to say they seem very reasonable so I’m happy for the time being.

That sounds like you have struck a good one in the long one. Keep the thread posted to let us know if they come through (also, get it in writing from them asap so they can't go back on it ;) )

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom