• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New never noticed SKY issue

Lemzip

Standard Member
Hi

Seem to have a issue. I have a new SKY HD pace box connected with a 1.3b HDMI cable to a LG 50PS3000. I have a issue with some channels i have only noticed tonight (cant remember ever noticing it on sky +)

When i watch discovery or discovery sience the screen ration changes to 4:3 even though in sky hd setting its set to 16:9 (no idea if that makes any issue as it says scart not hdmi) and the telly is set to 16:9.

I also noticed it watching simpsons on BBC HD earlier today when we usually watch and it is always 16:9. During the breaks for the shows the some adverts go to 4:3 some go to 16:9 then it will go back to say how its made and it will be in 16:9 but previously before the break it was 4:3.

It only happens on a few channels, i have never noticed it before. I spoke to sky and they said it has nothing to do with them, must be the telly.

Can anyone help please?

thanks a million

Andy

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Welcome Andy:)

A HD image is 16:9 so even when the channel is showing 4:3 native content the frame is still 16:9 and the black pillar boxes are part of the image and not being created by the TV as it's processes a 4:3 image on it's 16:9 screen area.

Simpsons on BBCHD?
If you have been watching The Simpsons on something other than SKY+HD via HDMI and the image filled the screen then the TV is stretching the image horizontally. The latest season of the show is now being made in HD so you may or may not get to see a true widescreen HD Springfield if you have SKY1HD:)

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom