Thanks once more Dodge.
Will 800ish get me a speedy UI? And is it worth the extra, or will I in most use cases not notice much of a difference?
If so, what non-Android model would you recommend?

Thanks once more Dodge.
Will 800ish get me a speedy UI? And is it worth the extra, or will I in most use cases not notice much of a difference?
If so, what non-Android model would you recommend?
You'd probably want to stretch to the Samsung Q80T, the Q70T will be just as fast UI wise, but isn't great value for money from a picture quality perspective. There's not a whole lot of mid range TVs to choose from, the usual choice is an Android model; Sony XH9005.

I wouldn't really place much emphasis on smart TV myself, at the end of the day you'll probably end up buying an external device for smart duty eventually anyway.

Soft v645 solved red ghosting on TCL 50C715, it's good news for someone who have this model. Someone have 50C725? I'm thinking if buy this model for movies via USB and Plex, Netflix. What i know there's other panel (CSOT) then in C715 (Innolux).

Soft v645 solved red ghosting on TCL 50C715, it's good news for someone who have this model. Someone have 50C725? I'm thinking if buy this model for movies via USB and Plex, Netflix. What i know there's other panel (CSOT) then in C715 (Innolux).
Its only innolux that make 50" panels. The TCLs are in line with other 50" models (low tier in guide). This makes them okay for SDR use, but unsuitable for HDR so you may have some dificulty with the picture using Netflix premium, or UHD rips in Plex/USB that include HDR.

Also my advice: don't even bother with USB file playback direct on the TV. Use an external box like a Zidoo.

Its only innolux that make 50" panels. The TCLs are in line with other 50" models (low tier in guide). This makes them okay for SDR use, but unsuitable for HDR so you may have some dificulty with the picture using Netflix premium, or UHD rips in Plex/USB that include HDR.

Also my advice: don't even bother with USB file playback direct on the TV. Use an external box like a Zidoo.
I have a Xiaomi Mi Box, so there is no problem ;) Or maybe i go for 50U7QF? It's chepaer then TCL and brighter. But don't know if they fixed ghosting issues.

Great thread. I can only fit in a 43" and viewing angle is slightly side on. Would you recommend lg 43un7300 or sony 43XH8505 (price has come down)? or something else? For movies and gaming

The U7Q is a much superior TV due to local dimming and roughly twice the brightness of most budget TVs. It will mean some HDR titles will look okay. This is why in this guide its placed on top, and above the others.

I actually had difficulty putting it in low tier, as in some ways its a mid tier TV.

So yep, it will have ghosting and motion will be so-so but you aren't going to find something else that is anywhere near as good for similar money. You can go for another 50" TV, and loose the local dimming and brighter HDR, but you may have better motion...so its a matter of which boxes you want to tick.

Great thread. I can only fit in a 43" and viewing angle is slightly side on. Would you recommend lg 43un7300 or sony 43XH8505 (price has come down)? or something else? For movies and gaming
Not a bad idea getting deals on the XH85 now if you can get a decent price since it uses a 120hz panel. Its unusual for this size. I wouldn't want to pay more than 500 for it mind.

Thanks, is 120hz panel advantage mainly for gaming? Apart from that is the sony a much better tv?

What do you think of tv's from shop exposition? There is nice price for 49XH8505 with 5 year warrant.

The U7Q is a much superior TV due to local dimming and roughly twice the brightness of most budget TVs. It will mean some HDR titles will look okay. This is why in this guide its placed on top, and above the others.

I actually had difficulty putting it in low tier, as in some ways its a mid tier TV.

So yep, it will have ghosting and motion will be so-so but you aren't going to find something else that is anywhere near as good for similar money. You can go for another 50" TV, and loose the local dimming and brighter HDR, but you may have better motion...so its a matter of which boxes you want to tick.
I would be interested in buying this TV but i have heard that the operating system (vidaa)is too limited. Many apps are missing including Disney Plus....is that true? Possibly what would be the best android tv alternative? Thank you

Thanks, is 120hz panel advantage mainly for gaming? Apart from that is the sony a much better tv?
Better all-round motion, more flexibility with motion settings. 120hz was put on TVs a long time before gaming at 120hz was popular!
What do you think of tv's from shop exposition? There is nice price for 49XH8505 with 5 year warrant.
Have no qualms about buying ex-display. At all.
I would be interested in buying this TV but i have heard that the operating system (vidaa)is too limited. Many apps are missing including Disney Plus....is that true? Possibly what would be the best android tv alternative? Thank you
Yes, but nothing a smart stick like a Roku can't solve. If you want Android look at TCL, Philips or Sony TVs instead. Beware that Philips can use IPS type on some TVs (55" models sometimes IPS, 58" always VA) and Sony use straight out IPS on their entire lineup. TCL are always VA. Problem is, you're looking at worse spec TVs, and TVs that won't display HDR well at all.

I'd advise if you want a good OS + good TV, stepping up to 55" and the Sony XH9005.

Better all-round motion, more flexibility with motion settings. 120hz was put on TVs a long time before gaming at 120hz was popular!

Have no qualms about buying ex-display. At all.

Yes, but nothing a smart stick like a Roku can't solve. If you want Android look at TCL, Philips or Sony TVs instead. Beware that Philips can use IPS type on some TVs (55" models sometimes IPS, 58" always VA) and Sony use straight out IPS on their entire lineup. TCL are always VA. Problem is, you're looking at worse spec TVs, and TVs that won't display HDR well at all.

I'd advise if you want a good OS + good TV, stepping up to 55" and the Sony XH9005.
whats about TCL 55C721?

whats about TCL 55C721?
I mentioned TCL in my last reply, they are ok if you're not expecting much and buying a low tier model. It however is not as good as the Hisense U7Q with picture quality as it does not have high peak brightness or local dimming.

I mentioned TCL in my last reply, they are ok if you're not expecting much and buying a low tier model. It however is not as good as the Hisense U7Q with picture quality as it does not have high peak brightness or local dimming.
Thanks for the reply. In the end the best compromise between panel quality and operating system (in europe), I think it is the q60t .....as the Samsung panel is better than the tcl and tizen better than vidaa. am I wrong?

Thanks for the reply. In the end the best compromise between panel quality and operating system (in europe), I think it is the q60t .....as the Samsung panel is better than the tcl and tizen better than vidaa. am I wrong?
It depends on the size, 55" its more likely Samsung models use a different panel. If its a 50" TV it will always be the same innolux panel, be it TCL or Samsung.

Tizen is a decent smart system, its better than most.

Even using 50" innolux panel, the U7Q is still a better TV though, it has local dimming and higher peak brightness which is essential for HDR. The Q60T will not be suited to use for HDR at all.

It depends on the size, 55" its more likely Samsung models use a different panel. If its a 50" TV it will always be the same innolux panel, be it TCL or Samsung.

Tizen is a decent smart system, its better than most.

Even using 50" innolux panel, the U7Q is still a better TV though, it has local dimming and higher peak brightness which is essential for HDR. The Q60T will not be suited to use for HDR at all.
Thanks again. I intend to buy a 55 inch. Unfortunately, even if the Hisense panel is slightly better, the operating system does not allow me to install essential apps like Disney plus, and in the future tizen will be more likely to be compatible with future streaming services as it is the most popular TV operating system.

Thanks again. I intend to buy a 55 inch. Unfortunately, even if the Hisense panel is slightly better, the operating system does not allow me to install essential apps like Disney plus, and in the future tizen will be more likely to be compatible with future streaming services as it is the most popular TV operating system.
Yes, but you can fix this by buying a Roku or Firestick (or similar).
As I said, you can look at other TVs that are low tier, but they are worse picture quality than the Hisense with HDR. That may be fine for you if you don't want to use HDR...but if you watch Disney you probably will watch HDR and according to this guide if you are using HDR you shouldn't consider buying TVs beneath high tier at all anyway.

Conclusion is the Hisense U7Q is best compromise, and you should pair it with external smart TV. If you want to avoid picture quality issues completely, then delay your purchase. If you do go for a cheaper TV (and even sometimes with the Hisense U7Q) you are going to come accross problems playing back HDR content. At least with external device HDR can be disabled.

You can read about HDR, and why I generally don't recommend low tier models any more because of it here:

sadly the 55xf9005 met its end this week thanks to a toddler.

Now on the look out for a tv around £800-1.1k from currys. Around 55".

any suggestions?

maybe an LG OLED?

Last edited:
I purchased 50U7QF, i have Mi Box so no problems with apps. I don't watch plenty HDR movies, prefer Dolby Vision and SDR and mostly i use Netflix and Plex. I've had problems with Philips, LG and Samsung panel uniformity and backlight so i hope that Hisense will be better ;)

Hi.

LG 55UP77006LB 55 Inch
This appears to have dropped to £499, but can’t see it in the list.
does this price make it as good, is not better value than the LG 55UN7300 which is in the list?​

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom