New music system - Sonos vs Bose vs Bluetooth receiver

Hoogie

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently sold my entire CD collection and now listen to music mostly using Spotify or Google Play, currently I am doing this using a 3.5mm cable to plug my laptop or mobile to my old HI-FI (TEAC DR-H300DAB).

So I have started thinking about updating my setup to something more suitable and I was hoping the forum could help.

Specifically I am interested in:

1) What is generally considered the best wireless speaker system?
2) How does the Sonos Play 3 compare to the Play 1?
3) Of the above Sonos how do they compare to the Bose Soundlink system?
4) Alternatively is using a simply bluetooth receiver on my HI-FI a good option?

Currently I am leaning most towards a Sonos system (if they get rid of the requirement to have a Bridge) but I have no idea whether to go for a Sonos 1 or 3.

Thanks

Assuming your mobile is an Android device and Laptop has Windows, how about a low cost (<£10) fifth option?

You can convert your Laptop into a UPnP/DLNA network streamer by installing the free Foobar2000 music player application with the foo_UPnP plugin component. You can then stream Google Play tracks to it from your phone, via UPnP/DLNA, by installing the BubbleUPnP app, so they playback on the laptop. Also, installing either the Remoteless for Spotify app or the Spotimote app on the phone allows you to remote control the Spotify playback on the laptop.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom