• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

new multiroom setup

philingle

Standard Member
Hi

I have a project to set up a chalet with a multi room media system. I have come into the project as an IT consultant, and am looking for some opinions on the media side of things.

There is a ‘media' room that will have a large flat screen tv, some sort of media storage and playing device and probably an xbox.

Other rooms in the house will access the media in this room and play it. I am currently looking along the lines of using a mixture of Logitech squeezebox boom's and duet's in the other rooms in the house.

So when it comes to the media room I think that my only real choice is to have a media PC. I did want something simpler and more reliable than a PC, along the lines of the TViX M-7000 but have two issues
1 – i want the device to be able to rip cd's and dvd's
2 – i want it to be able to work with squeezecentre.

Am i right in thinking that this forces me down the media pc route?

When it comes to media pc's I have narrowed the choice down to these websites/manufacturers.
mediaPC.tv
Pc Option - Technology For Everyone - Media Center Case Upgrades - Index
Hush Technologies - the science of silence
Glow Lounge Technology - Glow Technology
Passive Technologies

Does anyone have any opinions on any of these?

I would be really keen to hear any comments and opinions that people here might have on this setup.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom