New multiregion DVD Player

Darren_L

Established Member
Reaction score
I've decided that I'm going to go multiregion, and retire my existing Sony 525D to the bedroom.

I've been looking around at the Toshibas and Sonys, but would appreciate some recommendations and suggestions
I've been thinking about these machines (don't need bulilt in DD/DTS decoder as my receiver can handle this)

Toshiba - SD100/SD110/SD210
Sony - NS300

My budget is upto about £200.

Also, who are good at supplying modified palyers. I donw't want any RCE problems where you've got to press a million button sto get it to work. I want to stick the disc in and press play.

Techtronics.com seem OK.

Out of the ones you've shortlisted the Tosh 210E is the one i would go for. Its one of the best players out their at this price. And can be had for around £179 at http://www.electrocentre.com/

But the Tosh's are renowned for having RCE difficultys. But they will play RCE. You just have to insert a R1 first then replace it with the RCE disk.

However, if your looking for a dvd for 5.1 try the Pioneer 444. £209 at Electrocentre, a more modern player with an extra 40 lines of resolution.

I agree the Toshiba 210e is the best value DVD in terms of picture quality v price. £180 multi region with RCE workaround seems about right etc.(includes component out!)

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been reading around a bit this evening including the other posts on here, and I really should be running my NTL cable box on RGB. I just tried running it through my existing sony 525D (My TV only has one RGB scart) and the picture seems to be much better.

I think I should get a multiregion player with two scarts, and that rules out the Tosh and the lower spec Sony. I'm not keen on the Tosh's RCE workaround - seems a bit of a pain in the butt to me.

I've now added the Pioneer 545 to my list and the Sony NS400.

As for suppliers, Techtronics.com seems to be the cheapest:-
£269 for the Pioneer 545
£238 for the Sony NS400

Still open to new suggestions/ideas though.......

Well, I ordered a new multiregion Pioneer 545 from Techtronics. They seemed cheapest at £269 incl delivery.

Can't wait until it arrives :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom