1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New MultiChannel Amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mazmanit, Nov 23, 2003.

1. mazmanit

mazmanit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the process of getting a new Multi channel amp to add to my existing stereo. The new amp will be attached to by existing stereo amp, Aura VA100, via the front pre-outs.

Hence its main duties will be Processing and feeding the centre speaker a B&W CDM CNT (I have matching CDM 1NTs for front duties). Rear speaker have yet to be decided upon. My current choices are the Pioneer VSX-D812 or the Denon AVR-2803.

With the setup I have in mind will I need the extra power of the Denon amp? Is there a significant difference in the processing between the amps and hence the speed that information is spread across the speakers? I will always use a separate stereo amp, as music is my first choice.

To be honest I would rather get the Pioneer as it is cheaper but if the Denon makes a significant difference that I am prepared to pay the extra.

Sources for the new amp will be a digital TV box and a Philips 750 DVD player (this will be replaced at a later date with a DVD player that is the same brand as the amp that I choose).

2. mazmanit

mazmanit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK is the Pioneer good enough or is it worth spending the extra cash on a Denon 2803?

Anyone? Help?