New MS MCE keyboard receiver query

sprout

Distinguished Member
Hi all.

The New MS MCE keyboard.

it is I believe infrared?

So for all people with HTPC's running MCE 2005 if you have an MCE remote that already works, hence must have a built in receiver, I guess your HTPC will pick up this new keyboard?

If you are putting together a new HTPC from scratch, what do you have to buy to get the new keyboard seen by MCE?

I have home here from a while back an IRMAN, is that any good?

If not a link or two would be useful.

Thanks guys

sprout

nigelbb

Distinguished Member
The MCE keyboard is IR & is an add-on to MCE. It requires that you already have the IR receiver that comes with the normal remote.

sprout

Distinguished Member
mm!

So if you want to buy Microsofts new keyboard, they force you to buy a remote as well :eek: that you don't want :eek: to get their keyboard working :eek: that you do want

Anybody know where you can get a receiver only that will work with the keyborad, without buying a remote?

Thanks
sprout

ADENCOOL

Standard Member
But mce is really ment to be sold as complete package (i.e. a full system) and not sold as a boxed product.

ms reqirements of a mce computer require it to be sold c/w a remote.

sprout

Distinguished Member
So where is the cheapest place to buy thr MS remote with the IR receiver and blasters?

I have just been looking and scan have them a tad under £20, OK if you are ordering other bits otherwise postage kills it.

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom