1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New MP3 Player for VW Bora

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by thelorry, Aug 17, 2005.

1. thelorry

thelorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

I have just purchased the JVC KD G612 mp3 car stereo for a VW bora(01), but I am having a nightmare trying to install it. I called in at a car parts shop and they said that I don’t require any other cables as the ones in the car will work fine... but they don’t. As soon as I put my key in the ignition the display lights up, when I turn the engine over the display goes off completely and will not come back on. I have now been told that Volkwagen cars are connected up different but its just a case of swapping over two wires, this I have tried several times and I just cannot work it out. I did find the layout for the VW connectors on the link below:

http://www.packetradio.co.uk/Cars/octavia/radio.htm

But I still can't fathom it out. I have tried swapping over the 2 12 volt power cables but again, it still goes off. I know it’s something so simple but I’m pulling my hair out trying it.

I can get it installed for £20 pounds so I will probably do that in the end but I know it’s just a case of putting the correct wire the right way around.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...

2. spuddy01

spuddy01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi i recently installed a panasonic Mp3 player to my VW GOLF and you need to switch the yellow and red wires around should take you bout 5 mins! Hope this helps you out..........

3. thelorry

thelorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i tried what you suggested, but there is two red wires on the wire loom. tried both wires individually but again now it wont even lite up. Maybe i've blown a fuse. I think i best leave it for the experts to fit, as its only £20 pound to get it done properly.
    thanks for replying.