1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New movies/DVD's to look out for!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Dec 19, 2000.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Bought "What DVD?" magazine today, with the free DVD Diamonds 6 free preview DVD disc on the front. (Coverdated Jan 2001!)

Whilst the mag is pants, there are some interesting films that could well be worth looking out for, especially as and when they come out on DVD.

"The Adventures Of Rocky & Bullwinkle" is the new Robert DeNiro/Rene Russo movie, combining live-action and 3D computer animation. Looks impressive, and seeing DeNiro hamming it up, could be fun!

"Bounce" - new romantic comedy with Gwyneth Paltrow looks intriguing.

"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", with Chow Yun-Fat and Michelle Yeoh, looks tops! Think of the best martial arts fantasy ever, set it hundreds of years ago, and then addd Ang Lee for director, and this could well be a sleeper hit for the New Year!

"Beautiful Creatures" is a Brit-flick, with Suzan Lynch and Rachel Weisz, about two women getting caught up in a bloody murder story. Looks like an upmarket, cinema version of TV hits "Prime Suspect" and "Cracker".

"Cast Away" will probably give Tom Hanks another Oscar award for Best Male Actor, but the movie looks impressive.

"Dracula 2000" is a gothic update of the Bram Stoker novel, produced by Wes Craven, but directed by a British unknown. A mixed British and American cast could make things very intriguing.

"Hannibal": The Ridley Scott sequel to "Silence Of The Lambs". Could be fab, or total pants! Hopefully, the former.

"Pay It Forward" - a stunning trailer, advetising the new Kevin Spacey drama/thriller, about a school teacher who tries to convince his pupils to change the world, by helping three people each, and getting those three, to help a further three each. Sounds mawkish, but add in elements of fantasy and gothic horror, with the supernatural, and Spacey playing a mysteriously disfigured teacher, it could be a very impressive movie to keep an eye out for.

Finally, there's "Under Suspicion", with Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman, as cop and criminal (serial killer) respectively.

I'd recommmend these few titles enormously, just on the strength of the trailers alone. Can't wait to see "Pay It Forward" and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"!

Pooch

2. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I already mentioned Crouching Tiger ..... in a similar forum further down.

It does look sweet even though a mate of mine in Hong Kong has seen it and wasn't impressed.

I have seen about an hour of it (don't ask [​IMG]) and it looks impressive indeed.

Oh, and the bird Zhang Ziyi in it is a bit cute actually [​IMG].

3. platform9

platform9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went to see 'Crouching Tiger' at the Showroom Cinema in Sheffield a couple of weeks ago & can highly recommend it.

P9.

4. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
  5. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: