New Motorstorm video !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking better!

Let's hope they can get to multiplayer up to 16 players - that would be some serious fun!

It does look like great fun.

I havn't played a console racer so seemingly well set up for bouncy, slidey, crazy fun since micromachines :thumbsup: . As much as I enjoy motogp and pgr3 on the 360, I get a bit tired with some of the perfect steadyness you need to play them.

The possibility of online play, even if capped to 6-8 players, could help sway some of those off my 360 friends list into multi format gaming :)

Only one ever so slightly critical thing to say at this point- isn't it time we saw or heard about another course :confused:

sorry, but isnt that the same pre rendered footage they showed the first time

Yip looks like another pre rendered, non playable piece of footage.

i want to see gameplay footage before i judge it. my guess is that it will be very unimpressive

avolee said:
sorry, but isnt that the same pre rendered footage they showed the first time

Well my quick time is now broken so I can't view the link, but the new footage via gametrailers.com (which was also posted on the official ps3 site) is not the 'same pre-rendered footage they showed the first time'. I saw in game footage and replay in-engine footage which was below the quality of the first pre-rendered nonsense, but still very good looking nonetheless.

Actually motorstorm in-game footage has been around since e3, and has been looking pretty good. Granted it has it's week points- but seriously all that mud, deformation, animation, physics, and lighting still looks pretty sweet.

I can understand the skepticism around Sony's showings after e3 2005, but c'mon folks- the quality IS starting to make itself known.

Not meaning to start any flaming but most of that looks like it's rendered stuff with a tiny bit of in game thrown in.
If you watch carefully you can see when it changes. Looks good still but I think it's just a bit deceptive. But as with everything the proof is in the pudding so if it looks as good when it comes out I'll take my hat off to Sony.

i`ll bet you a pound to a pinch of **** it rendered, its the same footage they`ve been passing off since the killzone crap was with it, and if you look at the footage of the ingame graphics that were on most sites after e3, the actual ingame graphics are way down on this, grow up and stop tryin to make the ps3 seem like we`ll be watchin sky sports.

markmitt said:
In-game engine. As simple as that. WOW!

Maybe you could share the ingame video you have seen, coz it aint the one at the top of this thread ;)

i`m sorry smak but all your link shows a movie playin on a tv, its not someone playin it, is it. its a rendered movie, shown by sony(cough..emotion engine..cough), to make people like you believe the all powerfull pc3, sorry ps3 will be like playin games that look like the real thing....really it will. one of these days, you may just see the real thing.

I think if you watch the video again , at 1:40, the buggy hits the wall and you see through to the other side when you shouldn't, just like in a real game, hardly a feature of a pre-rendered video. But maybe thats just in there to fool us all too. :rolleyes:

to be fair that does look like gameplay footage, but i know what youre saying, i saw some gameplay footage before and it looked nothing like that. it will be interesting to see what it actually is like when the tokyo game show comes along.

Im quite sure that there wont be much of a difference in terms of quality between 360 and PS3 the only difference being price of PS3 games since there dearer to make because of Blu-Ray.

nothing too great, can see a large difference between actual gameplay and pre-rendered replay. Personally think the actual gameplay shots like rather weak graphicaly wise and its easy to see the actual differance, i woujld say 95% pre-rendered replays (like the replays of GT4) 5% gameplay.

i dont understand wot you mean, but they are 3d models so you should be able to see right through, 3d models rendered on a very powerful pc then made into a very short movie and played at e3 for sony to show the masses how powerful this ps3 will be.

it's in-game footage... chap called 'rushy' is a developer and posts over on ntsc-uk.com and rllmuk.com and has confirmed it.

avolee said:
i`m sorry smak but all your link shows a movie playin on a tv, its not someone playin it, is it. its a rendered movie, shown by sony(cough..emotion engine..cough), to make people like you believe the all powerfull pc3, sorry ps3 will be like playin games that look like the real thing....really it will. one of these days, you may just see the real thing.

that link shows someone actually playing motorstorm at E3.

More in-game footage with developer commentry....

http://www.gameklip.com/v/652/

It's more likely in game replay footage which always looks better than when you actually play it. You can tell as there is no HUD etc and some of the angles shown would be impossible to play.

Smak said:
that link shows someone actually playing motorstorm at E3.

More in-game footage with developer commentry....

http://www.gameklip.com/v/652/

That is definatly in game and more realistic than the other video shown. And I admit it still looks good.

People comparing it to the E3 footage is just plain wrong. E3 was over 2 months ago now, and I would assume that obviously by the quality of the in-game engine, that it has come along in leaps and bounds.

darkentity said:
Maybe you could share the ingame video you have seen, coz it aint the one at the top of this thread

Just the same video. Cleary in-game engine. Perhaps a trip to the opticians is in order for you, or maybe just have a break from the 360 for a while...;)

markmitt said:
People comparing it to the E3 footage is just plain wrong. E3 was over 2 months ago now, and I would assume that obviously by the quality of the in-game engine, that it has come along in leaps and bounds.

Just the same video. Cleary in-game engine. Perhaps a trip to the opticians is in order for you, or maybe just have a break from the 360 for a while...;)

If thats the case why did the ingame footage at e3 have a hud and you can see from the camera angles it's clearly gameplay but this new one has no HUD and some of the angles are impossible to play any game in, so while it might be ingame engine it's clearly the replay mode which is always superior to actual gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom