1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new motorised system STB

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by eddiewww, Jul 25, 2003.

1. eddiewww

eddiewww

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    hi..

a while ago i bought a Force STB and dish..it has a 5 in 1 CAM... i used it mostly for live footy and the odd "art film" ... it stopped working a while ago and it looks like the LNB is gone... I obviously need to replace it and thought i may add a second box to the system.. so me and the missues can enjoy the "art movies" without worrying about the kids wondering in !!

I assume its fairly easy to have this set up... i was more wondering thoughts on what box and CAM are beat at the moment..

thoughts ?

cheers

eddie.........

2. Robbie34

Robbie34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    You really need a twin lnb if you have a second box.

Go for a receiver with an embedded UCAS that will take a 6in1 card. I have a Sonysat - now called Nextwave since Sony objected to the use of the name - and it has been fine. There are a number of other boxes which get good reviews. Steer clear of Manhattans which have been criticised for unreliability and poor software.

3. IvorBigun

IvorBigun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look over on Satdudez, lots of good advice over there.
    Personally i would look at one of the Technomate range.
    Regards
    Ivor