New monitor needed

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by bradalax, Nov 2, 2005.

1. bradalax

bradalax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi there,

My trusty 17" videoseven monitor looks like it's goosed, the screen has started to flicker quite badly, looks like someone is playing with the colour temperature!

So i'm looking around for a replacement. My first reaction was to look for an LCD tv with PC support so i can get to use it as a bedroom TV as well. But the ones I can see that can run HD as well as PC are a lttle more than I can afford right now.

I'm considering either the Dell W1900 or 2405FPW (Overclockers have this in for a nice price this week), but am a little concerned over response times from things I've read on the forums.

Can anyone recommend anything, is there something I should be looking at? Looking to spend up to around £500.

Thanks. :)

P.S. it will be running from an ATI Radeon 9800 pro.

2. thelawns

thelawns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    I have just upgraded to an NEC 1970GX 19" LCD and its absolutely fantastic. I had a Benq 17" before and I can't believe how much better the NEC is in comparison. The screen has a reflective coating on it, which is similar to what the Sony Vaio laptops all come with now. The colours are much richer and deeper than the Benq and I can't fault its performance at all. I notice the two screens your looking at are both widescreen so if thats what your after then you'll have to look elsewhere.