• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Monitor Audio Subwoofer static/crackly noise? Help

willykatie

Prominent Member
Bought Marantz amp and Monitor Audio BX5 AV and when i ran Audyssey to calibrate the speakers, i noticed that the sub making static/crackling noise all the way through the setup. Once the setup done, it doesn't make any of that noise at all and the sub working fine with film just only in audyssey setup it makes a really crackling or static noise and when i switch it off the wall, it makes a really loud thud/crackly noise as well (not just a thud but more like crackling thud like dirty line?). It doesn't make crackling noise when i powered down the sub from standby mode, just when its on.

Is this normal as don't think i noticed any crackling thud from my old amp and sub? I set the sub volume only around 9 o'clock hand and the crossover to max.

Thanks

MemX

Prominent Member
Crackling sounds like some sort of loose connection, but if it's playing movies fine then I'm not sure what to suggest...

Did you buy it new? If so, I would contact the dealer and say you would like to exchange it for another one because it is not working properly 100% of the time.

willykatie

Prominent Member
Yeah, bought it new.

Just wondering before I contacted the company I bought it from as crackly noise only when I switch off and in audyssey setup bit not when in film etc

MemX

Prominent Member
They might be funny and say "it's working fine for films so there's no problem" but I am sure it shouldn't crackle at any point so you should ask to swap it for one that is perfect all of the time.

If there are any issues, you have consumer rights and Trading Standards on your side!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom