New model DS?

Orson

I'm sure I heard/read about an upgrade or new version of the DS that's coming out. I've scanned these forums, & had a quick look on t'internet, but haven't found anything, and I know that the well informed folks on here will put me right in a matter of minutes :smashin:

The reason I'm wondering is because I'm considering buying the DS/Nintendogs bundle (£95 from Amazon) for my 8 yr old daughter, but if there's a new model due soon, I might consider waiting, depending on the benefits & timescale.

Thanks

David

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Tbh this is the first I've heard of it. There are rumours of another Gameboy, but this will be single screen, more in competition with the PSP.

Clatter

I've seen some posters in the shops for new coloured versions. Think it mentioned something about being special edition, would this be what you read about?

melliott1963

I go on several boards and the only 'New' DS's I've heard of is the Blue and Pink ones that are being released with Nintendogs.

There's also a rumour of a red DS being released which will be bundled with Mario Kart.

Orson

Perhaps I dreamt it! Although it does sound like Nintendo :rolleyes:

I'd heard it was a better spec screen etc, but when I've looked, I could only see a new SP with a brighter screen, so perhaps it was that I'd heard about, and got the wrong end of the stick. Wouldn't be the first time.

All I've got to do now is bear to part with nearly £100. The problem is 3 kids, and then they'd all want one.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Educated Guess

I remember when the DS was about to be released there was some talk of it just being a just a stop gap and not a true succssor to the SP. There where even rumours that an even better handheld would get released within a year of the DS (almost put me off getting one).
Obviously just talk as that rumour seems to have disappeared totaly.

CrispyXUK

haha, get Nintendos for all of them and it'll shut em up for quite a while

melliott1963

John Martucci said:
I remember when the DS was about to be released there was some talk of it just being a just a stop gap and not a true succssor to the SP. There where even rumours that an even better handheld would get released within a year of the DS (almost put me off getting one).
Obviously just talk as that rumour seems to have disappeared totaly.

I don't know about this. The DS has always been marketed by Nintendo as a new dimension in handheld gaming and they've stressed it was not a replacement for the GBA.

I suspect that there is a new GBA in development, but Nintendo are not rushing it out or leaking details about it as the DS has proved to be far more popular than they anticipated.

t-force

There's a new version of the GBA SP, which is what you may be thinking of - it's got a backlit screen, as opposed to the front light system used by the present system. Should be out any week now.

Orson

Nope, I (thouight) that I'd read somewhere (possibly even here) that that a new model DS, with upgraded screen was being released...

I dunno, I must have dreamt it! I've searched since, and found nothing, other that the micro, and the new SP.

Still can't bear to part with £100 for one though!

Thanks for the replies.

unreality

Standard Member
I've heard rumours but it was only people speculating that a redesign would happen since the DS looks a bit clunky. I feel the same way as you, I'm reluctant to splash the cash in case an improved version is round the corner.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom