New Mission Speakers out!

S

Sunday Ironfoot

Has anyone seen or heard anything about the new Mission M60 range ( http://www.mission.co.uk/index1.htm - click on enter sire and it's the first picture you see)?

These seem like new speakers, although to me they appear to be merely M51 speakers with a face and with £30 tacked on. Any review of these on the net yet? Anyone heard them in action?

I'm due to get a set of M51's soon, but if these turn out to be significantly better them I'm probably better off spending the extra £30.

I take it you mean the new "Volare" series ?

For a start they have about half the cabinet volume and are a different size to the m51 series, have different freq response etc.

The look similar to the M70 series, I could be wrong. Hopefully someone out there will review them and give us an unbaised opinion

Mission v61 specs:

Enclosure Type....................2-way Reflex
Frequency Response 3db....58Hz to 20kHz
Sensitivity SPL/m/2.83V.......87dB
Cross-Over Frequency.........2.4kHz
Effective Volume..................10.3 litres
Nominal Impedance.............8 Ohms
Amplifier power....................25 - 100 W/Ch
Dimensions (HxWxD)...........319 x 205 x 330(mm)
Finish...................................Beech, Black Ash, Cherry

Mission M51 specs:

Enclosure Type....................2-way Reflex Loaded
Frequency Response 3db....58Hz to 20kHz
Sensitivity SPL/m/2.83V.......87dB
Cross-Over Frequency.........2.4kHz
Effective Volume..................10.3 litres
Nominal Impedance.............8 Ohm (min. 5 Ohms)
Amplifier power....................25 - 100 W/Ch
Dimensions (HxWxD)...........315 x 205 x 340 (mm)
Finish...................................Beech, Rosewood, Graphite Black

Apparently, these speakers will run parallel (spelling?) to the M5, sonically almost identical, paramid drivers..ect. Interestingly the sub will be identical to the M5as but with a different model number (confusing!) to fit in with the family. The added cost comes purely from the real wood veneer front, the M5 series could be considered a little ahead of its time asthetically, and consequently has a very low domestic acceptability factor, I know - I sell the M5 and the one thing that keeps being given as an excuse to buy the Kefs or Monitor audios is looks and most definately not sound.

Strange, I really like the looks of the M5's. If you want ugly speakers then look no further than the B&W 600 series. :p

Yes, I was first drawn to the m5 series by their IMO stunning good looks, glad to say that they sounded mighty fine too.

Still, just like everything else, you cant please all the people all of the time..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom