New mission M5 speakers!

I

ice_cool

Does anyone know of the new mission speakers? Or are they not new? I was just browsing the mission website and saw them! Nice! Pity i bought the cinema 7 package, cos the new m5 speakers look so lovely in beech...but do they perform as well?

Any comments, reviews etc...

:D

Yes they are very new they were not on the mission website last week.
I too have just bought Mission speakers, the M70 series.
B******

I agree, they look the part. Any idea on price? This will probably tell us where they fit in the mission range. I can't tell from the specifications if they are higher up the ladder than the m7 series

Yes, they are higher spec than the M70 range.
These are replacements for the 77

Maybe they are better than the m70 range but their only standmounter isn't as good as the m72!

Hi All
To change the subject slightly, now that Richer Sounds have sold out of there Cinema 7 package in Beech (Wife need I say more), but still have stocks of the 77c1 centre and 77ds rears how do you think that a pair of the 74's would fit in as they have these in a Beech finish, I see that the frq res goes lower than the 773e's but don't know if the treble units are the same as the 77c1 centre.
I doubt it but wondered if there would be much diference

any comments

JOHN S

If you ask me, I'd say you'd get away with that combo easily enough. I use the M73's with the 77ds and 77c1 (or M7c1 when I feel like it). Works for me.

But, as always, you should give it a listen first.

The price I saw in a mag (new HIFI Choice I think) was £300 for the stand mount, and something like £7/900 for the floorstanders.

At those prices, it seems to be more like the 78x series. Maybe they are replacing both the 77 and 78's?

As I have a pair of 774's I am after a 77c1 centre, I hope RS are able to get stock.

Regarding speaker matching, try and stick to the same range for the front 3 speakers, don't woory how deep the specs say they go down, havea listen and I suspect you will find the 77 speakers a bit more refined than m74's.

Have fun

M51 (stand mount) £300
M52 (floorstander) £450
M53 (floorstander) £550
M5c (center) £200
M5ds (di-pole suround) £200
M5as (sub) £400

Pointen interested to hear you have both the 77c1 and the M7c1.
I bought the M7C1 but always wonder if i made a mistake and should have got the 77c, your thoughts?

(also using M73, M7DS)

Does anyone have stocks yet? I would be interested in a demo of the m5 against b&w 60X s3.

Originally posted by Markster
M51 (stand mount) £300
M52 (floorstander) £450
M53 (floorstander) £550
M5c (center) £200
M5ds (di-pole suround) £200
M5as (sub) £400

Pointen interested to hear you have both the 77c1 and the M7c1.
I bought the M7C1 but always wonder if i made a mistake and should have got the 77c, your thoughts?

(also using M73, M7DS)

To my ears, tonally they're almost exactly identical. I've only heard major differences putting stereo music through them, which they shouldn't have to bother about any way. The 77c1 just seems a lot better built than the M7c1, which you would expect from the higher class of the 77 series. I often change the speakers around, because I'm still looking for a major difference in HC sound from the two. I suppose if your system is a lot more upmarket than my Yammy AX620, then you might hear some difference, and the 77c1 will probably last me a lot longer.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose the 77c1, or course, but I'd be just as happy with the M7c1.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom