1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mission M cube

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by arragon, Nov 12, 2004.

1. arragon

arragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys
    Did anybody else manage to see the New Mission M-cubes last week at the What Hi Fi show.
    They were awesome Much better than the bose.

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Just my own opinion,but the Bose isn't a great reference point.

3. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did hear them and if you are looking for tiny speakers then they would make a good buy.

John

4. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,145
    The sats seem extremely impressive but I'll reserve judgement on the Sub until I hear it in a more suitable room- it sounded powerful but lacking a little in control at the show.

5. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just heard them,

Very nice indeed! Still can't quite get over the size of the things. Looks very good from this end, the whole 2 x 8" in that arrangement in a system of that type also seems interesting.

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    When will you people learn that if you want to pretend to be an ordinary member of the public that you shouldn't post from an IP address that is registered to a company.

It wasn't that long ago that we had "boneg" registering from a Mission IP address and pretending to be a member of the public extolling the virtues of whatever Mission stuff had just come out.

I have always assumed that company's that resort to underhand tactics normally have good reason for that method of promotion.

I won't delete this advert as I did with the one that you posted yesterday as I'm sure that you will only come back again and try again.

7. bbasra

bbasra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    i also heard them at the what hifi show. i also considered buying them as appossed to the MS Genies, however, they are rrp @ £1200 for 5.1 setup, dearer than the Genies.

so for me, i think i will stick to the genies.

however, the mission's sounded awesome for the size and looked nice too.... i wonder if they will beat the genies in terms of reviews .....

8. NC11

NC11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    any review somewhere on these? is there any dealer who stock them?

9. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I heard them too. Was very impressed. The litterature says they're not available until december. They have their own website
    Left me wondering whether to go down the sub/sat route or go for floorstanders. Very tempted by the style as well as sound, the fact they take up very little room & they are child friendly (screwed to the wall and drive units don't mind being poke, as demonstrated by the design enigineer at the hi-fi show).
    Although very tempted I don't know whether I can bring myself to getting rid of floorstanders for small speakers.

10. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Was speaking to Muisical Images today & they mentioned they are getting some demo ones in next week.

11. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just got the (one fold-out page) brochure through the post. They look great, and there's all the usual advertising-speak:
    TANSTAAFL, and I'm hugely suspicious looking at the freq response of the satellites: 280Hz-30KHz (at -6dB). This seems pretty good at the top, but 280Hz seems to me to be far too high to give decent separation and imaging - too much work has to be done by the sub (dual 8" drivers which go up to 300 Hz from 28-40Hz!).

I'd love to like these speakers from a WAF POV, but unless my A-level physics is completely out of date, I don't see how they can work...

12. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know what you're saying, and even thought the same too (also have the brochure), but you can't argue with your ears. I heard them and was massively impressed. Both myself & my missus were amazed at the sound. However, I'm sure they're not perfect & if you rigged them up to some test gear this would show up. But in the end the physics is neither here nor there if they sound good.
    Having said that, the longer I think about it, the more attractive the Elegantes seem.

13. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Of course the listening test is the only true way of evaluating them, but is there any precedent for this sort of very high (to me) crossover point? I imagine the little Bose cubes must be similar, which would explain the lack of imaging that I get from auditioning them. Just because the M-Cube uses flat panels doesn't seem to change the rules - otherwise everyone would be selling tiny satellites. Colour me sceptical.

14. engaged

engaged
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    <Picks myself up off the floor, having given myself a prolapse from laughing>

Brilliant! :thumbsup: