New Menu & Sky HD

Adam R

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have Sky+ in the livingroom & a multiroom subscription with the old sky box upstairs.
I have noticed that over the last couple of days that the old sky box menu has changed but the sky + one hasn't
Normal????
+ can't see any Sky HD channels yet, are there any?:confused:

No HD channels yet.

Sky+ will be updated in due course.

I have 3 boxes and all got updated at different times. Sometimes weeks apart.

rasb0 said:
No HD channels yet.

Sky+ will be updated in due course.

I have 3 boxes and all got updated at different times. Sometimes weeks apart.
The HD channels have been appearing on the Sky+ EPG for weeks now.

neilmcl said:
The HD channels have been appearing on the Sky+ EPG for weeks now.

Sorry, let me rephrase that; No viewable HD channels.

I take your point, there are channels on the EPG.

You can take a look at one of a number of blank blue screens with an information banner:

"Call 08702 404020 for further Info on how to receive this HD channel"

A little more accurate?

Sorry if i'm being Fick:D bu what does EPG stand for?

Soz about complicating things, It appears to a joint effort and the reason some of these threads go on and on and on and on..............

The HD channels do appear on the Programme Guides and you can call them to screen ie, Sky One HD Ch 197, Sky Movies 9 & 10 HD Ch 311 & 312 etc, etc. (if your digi box has received the update, which it may not have done yet)

There is nothing being transmitted that is viewable by "US" at the moment.
Don't worry, you're not missing out on anything, other than a blue screen and an info banner.

Sky HD is still in Test will not be available till later this year or maybe next !! Im sure that Sky will send letters to subscribers to let them know there transmissions are changing. Darren

DAZYBOYUK said:
Sky HD is still in Test will not be available till later this year or maybe next !! Im sure that Sky will send letters to subscribers to let them know there transmissions are changing. Darren
:rolleyes: Tell us something we don't know.

I think that's just a bit of scare mongering!

:rotfl:
hysys said:
I wont say i have news :)

I have rumors. I called my local shop and they said april 17 but they heard rumors that is delayed .... I know this is a very useful post...

lol that was funny...what shop was it?...Asda?Halfords?.....no wait.....shoe express?

:rotfl:

Ok...I don't want to be the first to start a rumour but I have it on really good authority that Sky HD is launching in the year 3012 and it will cost $25,000 arcturan mega dollars (the predicted currency at that time) Unfortunately there might be a delay as the 720p and 1080i formats will probably be out of date.

:rotfl: got a feeling we may have started something here Sambo.

Nothing like a bit of good clean humour on a forum:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom