New Men Behaving Badly DVD?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Squirrel God, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Glasswalker

Glasswalker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like the Christmas special to me.

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No sh*t :p

Which Christmas special though?

I thought the 3-part Christmas special that was on the Last Orders DVD and concluded the series was the only one?? :confused:

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I ordered it. I'll no doubt remember what it is once I start viewing.

5. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw this at CD-Wow and thought the same as you SG. When you get it, could you tell us which episodes they are please.

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will do. It's on its way so I should have it by Friday :)

7. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is an hour long xmas special from about 1997 i think. extremley funny and well worth the money

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My copy of this DVD arrived yesterday and I watched it last night. Mark P was spot on - it is the Xmas Special from 1997 :) There are also about 15 mins of bloopers on the DVD, but from what I saw of these, they appear to be the same ones that are on the other 7 MBB DVDs, so there is nothing new here for those who have them.

The menus are poorly designed, as there are only two choices available: scene selection or play the main programme. The latter forces you to watch all of the bloopers before the Xmas Special :rolleyes: To get to the Xmas Special directly, you have to go into scene selection and skip through 3 or 4 pages of blooper selection menus and then select the first scene from the Xmas Special scenes. A really unnecessary chore - not much effort involved from the designers to add an extra menu option at the start to "play Xmas Special" :rolleyes:

I did recall the Xmas Special once I started watching it. It's pretty good and definitely worth the few quid it's going for. The transfer is not up to the same standard as the other MBB DVDs, in terms of both video and audio quality, which is a shame. Overall, the video appears dark and lacking in contrast and some detail. However, it's still highly watchable. I also noticed one audio glitch near the start, which is when Gary opens the doors to the "can't be arsed" carol singers. Gary's non-plussed-ness is marred by the 1 sec audio dropout - it doesn't appear to cut off any speech on the part of the carol singers or Gary, but the fact that you can hear the soundtrack go from background noise to total silence for a full second is obviously distracting. It's a shame quality control didn't pick this up.

9. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Interesting what films CD-WOW include as: Titles in this Genre

1) 10 Things I hate about you
    2) Are you being Served Vol 2 & 3
    3) Bugs Life
    :eek:

10. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, all comedies - what's interesting about that? You'll find they list the same title in more than one genre as well. Good idea if you ask me!