New member with no posts following a bunch of us

I don't even know how you find this information. I guess it would help if I explored my profile once in a while :laugh:

Don't look - no good can come from it

I have some people who follow me on LinkedIn - including the chairman of the NTSB.
In that case it is about encouraging people who join in safety related subjects.

I'm not really a regular poster, although I do read quite a lot of posts. I posted once about five weeks ago and my previous post was back in 2017. So i was surprised to find myself on the list.

Benny Hill use to have a lot of people follow him. A lot of people.

1589118537031.png

I am a new member 😳, i do have a good track record on other forums, reviewers and manufacturers.

Welcome!
We're pretty much harmless :D

I got notification of a new follower on this site so clicked through to see who it is (because curiosity for the better of me). It turns out it is a new member from the USA who has made absolute zero contribution to the site.
I checked out his profile to see he is following quite a few regular GC contributors and can’t for the life of me figure out why?
Can anybody shed some light on this? Seems strange to me and I find it a little uncomfortable.

Possibly an old member with a new profile, who doesn't want to follow members using his original profile or - more probably - simply spam.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really a regular poster, although I do read quite a lot of posts. I posted once about five weeks ago and my previous post was back in 2017. So i was surprised to find myself on the list.
It’s a kill list ;) Only takes one wrong move. Best to keep looking over your shoulder. 😬

It could be a person not originally from the USA. that just moved to the USA and maybe doesn't understand.

It could be a person not originally from the USA. that just moved to the USA and maybe doesn't understand.
Was if you, before reregistering under a different name 🤔🤣

I’m pretty sure that person was not from the USA, nor moved there.

But whoever they truly were, or pretended to be, they have great taste in who they follow 😂👍

So let me get this straight - we're in the midst of a killer pandemic, the economy is going down faster than a five pound working girl, the govenment are flailing around like a drunk at last orders and someone is concerned about the surfing habits of a complete stranger on an AV forum?
Geez - talk about First World Problems.
The only things I worry about following me around are bailiffs and the ex-wife.

So let me get this straight - we're in the midst of a killer pandemic, the economy is going down faster than a five pound working girl, the govenment are flailing around like a drunk at last orders and someone is concerned about the surfing habits of a complete stranger on an AV forum?
Geez - talk about First World Problems.
The only things I worry about following me around are bailiffs and the ex-wife.

It's not a first world problem, it's a massive big girls blouse man baby problem.

And yet you both find the time to post in the thread that it bothers you :devil:

Yours included :thumbsup:

Edit: not meant in a deprecating way :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom