New Member - some daft questions

K

keithyboy

Hello all

First of very impressed with the advice given to some other "newbies" on here so I thought i'd give it a bash.

At the moment I have a Denon MD-50 mini seperates system but the dvd/cd player now struggles to pick up most dvd's (cd's are fine). Guy in the local AV shop advised that the laser pick up on the dvd is most probably on the way out.

Therefore rather than just get another dvd player i'm in the market for a dvd recorder.

Coupla questions though:

1. daft one first - does a dvd recorder play audio cd's. :confused:
2. Will a dvd recorder easliy "fit into" the Denon system (av receiver and amp.). The av receiver has digital/optical and i think component inputs.
3. I mostly use the system for audio cd's, dvd viewing and (hopefully) recording from my sky digibox.

From reading a few posts i'm leaning toward the Panasonic DMR-E55 - will this do all of the above ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Keith.

The Panasonic E55 will do everything you want (and will also play DVD-Audio in 2 channel if that is of interest). Infact most DVD recorders will do all three points you raise (although note only Panasonic, Toshiba, JVC currently have component output if you do want to loop through your amp). The new Sony models also have component output - although this could be at the expence of RGB input (I'm not 100% sure yet though).

The Panasonic E55 is a great machine - do note though that if you want to make editted recordings that play on most DVD players you should look towards a HDD/DVDR combo such as the Panasonic E85 or Toshiba RDXS32. If you not bothered about that, i.e. you don't want to edit or aren't concerned about compatibility then the E55 will be great for you.

Rasczak

Thanks for the reply.

Now convinced between the E55 or the E85. Just need to convince my other half as to the benefits of HDD. :lease:

cheers.

keith.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom