1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new member questions about plasmas

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by kissit2004, Jan 21, 2005.

1. kissit2004

kissit2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,
    i am a new member and was wondering if you could help me about some questions i have about plasmas;

1/ i am thinking about buying a new plasma around the 42" size and was thinking about getting a lg rz42px11 and was wondering if this tv was good or better for the same price.

2/ i have heard about the burn out of these plasmas but what kind of thing these days last more than 13 years(mayb marriages) :) , but some systems have this device which stops this,which system is this?

3/ i have a ps2 which i play alot on the tv and going to will this b ok to play ie with the burn out.

4/ i also have sky+ and have gold scart leads which i was told at the time was better for a better picture will i have to change these or r these ok.plus with sky, the little red icon in the corner of the screen is allways on so will that contribute to the burning of the screen etc.

thank you for your time :thumbsup:

2. jdfenn

jdfenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same tv. I like it alot. It looks wonderful with my HD channels and with my dvd player. However, my dvd player is aged a little and I am going to up grade it so I can get the full benefit. If you are planning on playing alot more ps2 I would get the DVI cable if I were you it makes the pic way better. I found some 6ft monster DVI cables for 49.00 dollars US and I bought enough for all my needs. I have not regreted it since.

hope you decide on a tv.

thanks

jeff

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  4. kissit2004

kissit2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers boys,

but havnt i heard that they is supposed to b a new lg coming out soon or was i wrong.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    There's always a new one coming. For the majority of people here, call us brand snobs if you like, we believe just a couple of hundred quid more buys you into the quality end of the plasma market. LG is a budget brand, this is a premium product. If you want a turbocharged car, would you buy it from Lada? If you can't afford a Bentley continental, but still want to go fast, you go for an impreza or Evo, don't you? Do a search for PW7 whilst you are at it.

6. kissit2004

kissit2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i also heard somewhere that u cannot play sky+ on this system due to the lip lipsink(lips moving and nothing coming out).i just thought plug the scart leads in and away u go.plug and play.

hopefully thats all bull.

i have seen the new lgrz42py10 on the website and it looks cool,anybody know when its coming out.

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    lip sync is an issue with most displays and can be corrected (at a price) but often the broadcasters dont help matters......

8. kissit2004

kissit2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it seems like to me its a sky+ problem which i think sky should sort out and i surpose if you have cover then they should be able to sort it out for nothing.

i am hoping to get a lg but i my think again.

9. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    lip sync is a system issue (not an equipment fault) so its up to you to sort it if you have an issue with it...