1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member of SVS PB2+ owners club

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by MickB, May 15, 2004.

1. MickB

MickB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi,
    After some excellent feedback on the forums, I've taken the plunge!
    PB2+ @heathrow, due imminently, also SPL and BFD due next week.
    Now I need some helpful advice as to where I start,in terms of calibration,etc, being a novice.

Your comments would be most appreciated!

2. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Hi MickB

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome aboard. :)

You could try reading (and re-reading) the excellent info on the SVS website for the basic set-up info. This will at least get you connected up and avoid any major errors if you follow it to the letter.

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm#whatsize
    (scroll down to sections 9 &10)

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq_rscomp.htm
    (deals with the SPL meter and lists the correction figures needed to calibrate a subwoofer using the RS meter)

All good stuff and worth absorbing in addition to the advice offered here. :)

That's a hell of a first subwoofer for a "novice". It's going to be great fun!
    (if you survive) :devil:

Nimby

EDIT: I should have added that you can download the PB2+ Owner's Manual from the SVS website before you get your sub. I printed it out and knew it backwards before my sub arrived.

3. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi Mick B, looking forward to getting mine as well. Ordered it on Saturday. Have already had a word with Barry at TMA to help me TMREQ it when it arrives. Am a little worried as my AV room is a first floor room in my house, so it may be a little difficult to control resonances and vibrations. I already have all my speakers mounted on concrete stabs covered with the same black carpet as is on the floor. So I have built a super heavy duty isolation platform for the PB2 plus which is made up of 18mm MDF acoustic isolation tiles and concrete slabs all covered in black carpet. Its fairly large compared to the slab I had my Strata III sitting on, but it looks very neat despite its size.