New member here saying Hi.

rainstel109

Standard Member
Reaction score
New member here saying hi, getting back into hi fi after a layoff of a good few years. I started my interest way back in the early 70s (I'm and old 'un) and remember the halcyon days of strolling up and down Tottenham Court rd staring at all the hi fi gear on offer that there was no way I could afford at the time ( I still can't if the wife is to be believed1). I've been involved in pc building as a hobby for good number of years but thats got too expensive now due to the pandemic, mining and scalpers, so....its back to hi fi.
My current gear is a Cambridge audio AXR35, technics SL-D2, and a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 speakers although that lot is likely to evolve into something else as time goes by.
If I can help anyone out (though thats more than likely the other way round) I'll do me best

New member here saying hi, getting back into hi fi after a layoff of a good few years. I started my interest way back in the early 70s (I'm and old 'un) and remember the halcyon days of strolling up and down Tottenham Court rd staring at all the hi fi gear on offer that there was no way I could afford at the time

Welcome...

I sure do miss those days, for me it was the 90s walking Tottenham Court Road, even bought a few bits of hifi there - I have particularly fond memories of a Yamaha amplifier that I bought instead of an NAD that I decided to buy after they auditioned it for me because I loved the way it sounded so much. Kept that amplifier for 20 years.

People here are of vastly different levels of knowledge, (most of them know a whole lot more than I do for sure) but there is bound to be someone at some point who wants to know something that you do.

Mostly it's just a fun place to chat about hifi.

Tottenham Court road back in the day...I think about 1980. Well coming from Ireland , where we didn't have that wide a range, I went to visit my brother who lived in Finchley decided to buy a turntable. .. a Garrard SP86 if memory serves, brand new . In its box etc. When I think about lugging that back on the Underground then the Boat Train Euston to Holyhead ,then the boat , then the bus.. My arms still get memories of the fatigue.. Not sure I was standing all the way, but it felt like it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom